Butler University Summer Tech Camps
Butler summer programs for kids & teens
Computer Camps Held at Butler University
In 1999, our independent family company set out to reinvent “camp” for the 21st century. Today, we’re the number #1 tech camp on the planet, with summer technology programs for kids and teens held at over 100 campuses nationwide. At Butler University in Indianapolis, IN, we offer co-ed iD Tech Camps for ages 7-17. Learn code, game design, app development, web design, film, photography, and more. Kick-start your dream job and gain a competitive edge for college!
At select locations, other co-ed options include intensive 2-week, pre-college iD Tech Academies for teens ages 13-18 and iD Tech Mini for ages 6-9. We also offer Alexa Café, an all-girls program for ages 10-15. Experience personalized learning with a maximum of 8 students per instructor, and use the best brand name products from industry leaders like Adobe®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Google, and Microsoft®. Innovative courses. Your pace. Your internalDrive.
Summer 2015 Courses & Dates
iD Tech Camps Program Details
Co-Ed | Weeklong | Programming, Game Design, Apps, Robotics, Web Design, Film, Photography, and More
Our summer computer camps for kids, pre-teens, and teens are segmented by course and age. Teens will study, socialize and eat with other teens, but may be in the vicinity of younger students during lab time. Yes, we’re a tech camp, but we do not sit in front of digital devices all day. We provide a well-balanced, fun summer camp experience that is age-appropriate for kids, pre-teens, and teens. Imagine a small group learning environment where the curriculum is tailored to you. A place where you build critical 21st century STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skills in intimate clusters of just 8 students maximum per instructor, and collaborate with new friends.
You’ll gain confidence, explore a unique college campus, and get a taste of the collegiate experience. This isn’t just camp. It’s a portal to a fulfilling future, in college and beyond. Kids camps and teen camps encompass courses in programming with Java™, C++, Python™, Scratch, and more, app development with iPhone® and Android™, Minecraft, modding, FPS and RPG game design, robotics engineering with VEX® and LEGO®, 3D modeling & animation, filmmaking, photography, and web design. Course offerings vary by site. View courses at this location. Beginner or advanced, you'll get inspired by energetic, tech-savvy instructors. Do something big this summer!
- 8:1 Ratio Guarantee: We do it differently—this isn’t school. We guarantee 8 students per instructor for personalized learning. Every time.
- Personalized Instruction: Your path, at your pace. Most of our courses are beginner through advanced. If a course has prerequisites, you’ll be notified during registration. You’ll be immersed in a blended learning environment using our iD Game Plan 2.0 engine, along with one-on-one instruction from our team of educators. Our approach allows you to learn at an appropriate, customized pace.
- Project-Based Curriculum: At iD, you learn by doing—it’s hands-on. You’ll work with industry-standard hardware and software, complete a final project, create an online portfolio, and bring your new tech knowledge into the real world.
- All-Adult Instructors: We don’t cut corners by hiring Counselors-in-Training. Instead, we employ energetic, tech-savvy, all-adult instructors to teach our courses and supervise our kids and teens. We recruit from thousands of candidates, and select from the best. It doesn’t hurt that we’ve been named a Top Workplace 6 years in a row, and that we have the reputation as the #1 Tech Camp on the planet. The top talent works at iD.
- Best of the Best: Many iD Tech instructors are students or graduates of prestigious universities like Stanford, MIT, Princeton, and Yale. Some are industry professionals. Others began as iD students and have returned to give back to the next generation of innovators!
- A Taste of College: We eat right in the university dining halls! (If the dining hall is closed, we will bring in catered meals or eat in the university food court). Meal plans are available for Day Campers and Overnight Campers. The food is generally good at most campuses. More and more campuses are paying attention to important details like organic and sustainably-farmed food sources, kosher and vegetarian options, and a variety of overall healthier options.
Safety & Risk Management
- American Camp Association® Accreditation: iD Tech Camps is accredited by the Southern California Region of the ACA—and we spread those best practices to each of our programs across the country. Being ACA accredited means we have met over 300 health and safety requirements.
- Background Checks: We conduct criminal background checks, sexual offender background checks, multiple reference checks and identification checks on all camp staff members.
- CPR & First-Aid: All program locations are staffed with CPR Certified Directors and Instructors.
- Risk Management Training: Our staff members attend in-person risk management training, and our content is updated every year as conditions change.
The following are included in tuition cost:
- Custom iD t-shirt
- iD Diploma with instructor insights
- 8:1 student to instructor ratio guarantee
- Final project portfolio with pen drive
- Access to online curriculum after camp
- Campus tours (most locations)
- Outdoor activities
- Gaming tournaments
- Software savings (most courses)
- New skills and self-confidence
- Tech Rocket (year-round subscription)
- Accredited Continuing Education Units (ages 13+)
- Ultimate Gaming Weekends (available at select locations, ages 10+)
Click here to learn about our Tuition Assistance Program.
About Butler University
This is our 2nd season hosting our Indianapolis summer camps at Butler University. The University is ranked 2nd for Midwest Regional Universities in U.S. News & World Report‘s 2013 Best Colleges. A small, private campus, Butler is known for its small class sizes and personalized instruction.
Student Population: 4,626
Undergraduate Majors: Accounting, Economics, Finance, International Business ,Management Information Systems, Marketing ,Risk Management & Insurance, Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Colleges and Schools: College of Business, College of Communication, College of Education, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, and Jordan College of the Arts.
Indianapolis Campus: The 295-acre campus is located approximately five miles from downtown.
Please note: Map and campus details are for general information only. Once you enroll, you will have access to our specific location on campus.
Testimonials from Butler University
What Parents Are Saying
“iD Tech Camp was a great way for our son to spend a week of his summer - building skills and having fun at the same time! He had a wonderful experience.” – Meredith G., Parent, Butler University
“My student was always positive and upbeat when I came to pick him up and VERY chatty to tell me about the day. This was one of the most positive experiences he has had while learning! Thank you!!” – Jennifer E., Parent, Butler University
“My son woke up every morning and could not wait to get to camp. He was completely in his element and the camp staff was nice, fun and encouraging. He already is talking about coming back next year!” – Jonathan P., Parent, Butler University
What Campers Are Saying
“I really loved this camp a ton. It was very fun to use Scratch and to play Shootmania. The camp director was awesome and my camp instructor was super nice and awesome.” – Dylan L., Student, Butler University
“Before I started, I was unsure how much I would enjoy it, and how much I would learn, but afterwards I can definitely say that this was an awesome experience for me and that I have learned much more than I thought I would about java and that the instructors and other students were the best! I loved it!” – Ethan K., Student, Butler University
“This is always the highlight of the summer for me. Despite being only my second year, I feel I've learned so much from this camp, and the way it was delivered was fun. I'm only 11, but I for sure recommend this camp.” – Jackson B., Student, Butler University