In Minecraft courses and camps, kids and teens approach gameplay from a new angle and are empowered to discover the underlying mechanics of the game in a collaborative environment! Types of classes include game design, modding, java coding, and more.
Many iD Tech students are BIG fans, making our Minecraft options incredibly popular at 150 locations nationwide and online. Use the buttons below to learn more or to get started with a specific course.
Minecraft World DesignerAges 7-9
Minecraft Adventure DesignAges 10-12
Minecraft Modding with Java CodingAges 10-12
Minecraft Modding in JavaAges 13-17
Minecraft Modding with JavaAges 10-19
Minecraft Game DesignAges 7-19
Virtual camp classes
Online private lessons
More about Minecraft
Minecraft, a “sandbox” game by Mojang based on building blocks, has taken the world by storm as one of the top-selling PC games of all time—over 100 million people have registered worldwide. Players traverse vast landscapes of mountains, forests, caves, and various water bodies. Their characters hunt, sail, and farm while constructing homes and objects by breaking and placing textured cubes in a 3D world. It is the epitome of creativity—limitless opportunity to build, discover, and problem-solve.
In recent years, the benefits of Minecraft have come to light, with the game gaining traction as an educational tool—acknowledged by many as an important vehicle for engaging kids and teens in STEM fields such as coding, video game design and development, level design, and more.
How is a Minecraft camp different than just playing the game at home?
Typically, kids and teens play Minecraft at home with little to no direction or goals in mind.
Beginner to advanced students in our Minecraft summer camps learn how to think critically about their work with the infinite possibilities of the game. Students create themes, storylines, dialogue between characters, objectives, goals, and more, while more experienced players delve deeper into game design & development, modding, and level design.
Where is Minecraft camp held?
We've expanded our Minecraft summer camp and class lineup, with courses held online, at the following locations, and many more!
- Atlanta, GA: Emory University
- Austin, TX: St. Edward's
- Chicago, IL: Loyola University Chicago
- Dallas, TX: University of Texas at Dallas
- Houston, TX: Rice
- Irvine, CA: UC Irvine
- New York, NY: New York University
- Pasadena, CA: Caltech
- Philadelphia, PA: UPenn
- Portland, OR: Lewis & Clark College
- San Antonio, TX: Trinity University
- Santa Clara, CA: Santa Clara University
- Seattle, WA: UW Seattle
- Singapore: National University of Singapore
- Stanford, CA: Stanford
- St. Louis, MO: Washington University
- St. Paul, MN: Macalester
- Washington, DC: American University
Check out the following Minecraft-focused blog posts and resources for more info on modding, server set up, and more!
- Is Minecraft educational?
- Minecraft coding for kids
- Minecraft glossary of terms and words to know
- Minecraft question & answers
- Minecraft stats & facts
- What are Minecraft mods?
- How to make a Minecraft server
- Minecraft for Girls: Yes! Encourage play
- How to play Minecraft with friends
- How many Minecraft game modes are there?
- What is Minecraft adventure mode?
- Intro to Minecraft command blocks