In Minecraft courses and camps, kids and teens approach gameplay from a new angle! Students are empowered to discover the underlying mechanics of the game they love in a collaborative environment.
Types of Minecraft classes include game design, modding, java coding, and more.
Our Minecraft options are incredibly popular at prestigious locations nationwide and online.
Summer 2024 registration opens in November. Keep the learning going with our Online Private Lessons, available now.
More About Minecraft
Minecraft is the “sandbox” game by Mojang based on building blocks, has taken the world by storm. Standing out as one of the top-selling PC games of all time, over 100 million people have registered worldwide.
Players traverse vast landscapes of mountains, forests, caves, and various water bodies. Their characters hunt, sail, and farm while constructing homes and objects by breaking and placing textured cubes in a 3D world. It is the epitome of creativity—limitless opportunity to build, discover, and problem-solve.
In recent years, the benefits of Minecraft have come to light, with the game gaining traction as an educational tool. The title has become a vehicle for engaging kids and teens in STEM fields such as coding, video game design and development, level design, and more.
How is a Minecraft camp different than just playing the game at home?
Typically, kids and teens play Minecraft at home with little to no direction or goals in mind.
Minecraft summer camp students learn how to think critically about their work with the infinite possibilities of the game. Beginners can create themes, storylines, dialogue between characters, objectives, goals, and more, while more. Experienced players delve deeper into game design & development, modding, and level design.
Where is Minecraft camp held?
We've expanded our Minecraft summer camp and class lineup! Courses are held online, and at the following US and locations:
- Atlanta, GA: Emory University
- Dallas, TX: University of Texas at Dallas
- Houston, TX: Rice
- Irvine, CA: UC Irvine
- New York, NY: New York University
- Pasadena, CA: Caltech
- Portland, OR: Lewis & Clark College
- San Antonio, TX: Trinity University
- Santa Clara, CA: Santa Clara University
- Seattle, WA: UW Seattle
- Stanford, CA: Stanford
- St. Louis, MO: Washington University
- St. Paul, MN: Macalester
- Washington, DC: American University
Summer Camp Classes
Virtual Camp Classes
Online Private Lessons
Check out the following Minecraft-focused blog posts and resources for more info on modding, server set up, and more!
- Is Minecraft educational?
- Minecraft coding for kids
- Minecraft glossary of terms and words to know
- Minecraft question & answers
- Minecraft stats & facts
- What are Minecraft mods?
- How to make a Minecraft server
- How to play Minecraft with friends
- How many Minecraft game modes are there?
- What is Minecraft adventure mode?
- Intro to Minecraft command blocks
while we work on ‘24!