Our 2014 season is underway and more and more camps are starting each week across the U.S.! Is your session starting soon? Are you getting antsy about what to bring along? Fear not, iD Techies. We’ve compiled a handy Summer Camp Packing Checklist so you can breathe easy and focus on more important stuff…like having a BLAST at iD Tech day and overnight camps this summer!
iD Tech Summer Camp Packing Checklist
Day & Overnight campers should bring the following:
- Reusable water bottle
- Headphones or earbuds
- Comfortable clothing and shoes (preferably tennis shoes)
- A jacket or sweatshirt
- Bathing suit
- Spending money (optional): Good for purchasing vending machine snacks or souvenirs from the campus bookstore! We recommend that students bring no more $20-$40 per week.
Overnight campers should bring the following (in addition to the items above):
- Alarm clock
- Multiple sets of socks, undergarments, etc.
- Extra pair of comfortable shoes
- Flip flops
- Sleeping bag or extra sheets (Note: blanket, pillow, and sheets are provided.)
- Bath towel
- Toiletries including toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc.
- Backpack (optional)
- If applicable, 2-week supply of medication per week (must be kept in original prescription bottles)
- If applicable, 2-week supply of contact lens supplies per week
What NOT to bring to camp – Prohibited Items:
- Roller-blades, skateboards, or shoes with wheels (Note: these are not permitted unless they are a student’s only mode of transportation to or from camp. In this case, items must be checked upon arrival and check out upon departure.)
- Personal pets or animals
- Lighters, matches, cigarettes, illegal drugs or substances, and weapons
A note about electronic devices:
While you are are not required to bring any electronic devices to camp, we know you might want to bring along your smartphone, laptop, iPad, or gaming console. We recommend keeping these items locked in your dorm, or zipped up in your backpack, both for safety, and so you can get the most out of camp! If you decide to leave your devices at home, you can use the iD Tech computers to send emails to your family. Our Camp Directors will notify parents of any emergencies or bouts of homesickness–nothing is more important than our students’ safety and comfort.
We hope this helps! See you on the other side!
Got something to add to our checklist? Tell us in the comments!