Perfect for long drives, a class icebreaker, or just something to chat about in line at a grocery store, these funny questions to ask kids are a great way to pass the time and strike up entertaining conversation.
Each of these could make for a perfect quick chat or a full-blown lighthearted debate. Extra 5 minutes in class? Give one of these a shot!
Even better, use these 60 conversation starters to help kids come up with their own fun "would you rather" questions and other more to spark imagination!
Funny questions for kids
Here are some humorous, family-friendly questions to get kids of all ages talking.
1. If they could talk, what do you think dogs would say?
2. Would you rather roar like a lion every time you sneeze or howl like a wolf every time you yawn?
3. What would your pet name you if it could?
4. What animal can you imitate the best? Which one should I do?
5. If you had a pet parrot and could teach it one phrase, what would it be?
6. Would you rather have webbed fingers or webbed toes?
7. Would you rather have lobster claws for hands or squid tentacles for legs?
8. If you could transform into any animal, what would it be?
9. Would you rather move like a kangaroo or a crab?
10. Would you rather have a baby giraffe or baby elephant as a pet?
11. If you could rename any animal, what would you call it?
Questions about games & competitions
12. If you could cancel one of your classes for a day, what game would you play with your class instead?
13. Would you rather capture the flag or freeze dance of your life?
14. What’s an Olympic sport that doesn’t exist, but should?
15. If you could host your own game show or TV competition, what would it be? Who would compete?
16. What is your theme song?
17, Would you rather compete in a dance-off or a karaoke contest?
18. Would you rather have two noses or three eyes?
19. If you could build a roller coaster anywhere in the world, where would it be? What would the ride be like?
20. Can you imitate a celebrity? Give it a try!
21. Would you rather swim in a pool of Jell-O or melted marshmallows?
22. Would you rather have to dance like a robot or like a jellyfish?
23. What is an invention that doesn’t exist yet, but you would invest one million dollars to help create?
24. Would you rather only be able to walk backwards or taking as large of steps as possible?
25. What is the weirdest sound you’ve ever heard?
26. Would you rather be 12 inches or 12 feet tall?
27. Would you rather burp bubbles or sneeze mouthwash?
28. If you could live life in any cartoon or comic book, which would you choose? Which character would you want to be?
29. Would you rather have a rocket ship or a submarine?
30. What is the silliest theme for an amusement park you can think of? What would it be like there?
31. Would you rather laugh every time you talk or always have to whisper?
32. Would you rather have super strength in one hand or super vision in one eye?
Silly questions about school
33. What would your own language sound like?
34. Design the craziest relay race you can think of for your school field day. What would participants have to do?
35. If you could make a funny rule that every teacher had to follow, what would it be? How about students?
36. What’s the funniest school uniform you can think of?
37. If you could turn any movie into a school play, which would you choose? Would you rather direct or star in it?
38. What is a silly subject that isn’t in school but should be?
Funny questions about food
39. What do you think is the grossest food in the world?
40. Would you rather only eat chocolate or sour candy for the rest of your life?
41. Would you rather sweat honey or always smell like cabbage?
42. If you could make any vegetable taste like any candy, which would you choose?
43. Would you rather only eat chocolate or only vanilla-flavored sweets for the rest of your life?
44. Would you rather always have Cheeto dust on your hands or always have jelly on your feet?
45. If you could eat whatever you wanted, but you had to also eat your least favorite food in the same sitting, would you?
46. Would you eat only orange food or only red food?
47. What dessert would you have for dinner every night if you could?
48. Would you rather eat spaghetti with maple syrup or pancakes with marinara sauce?
Funny holiday questions
49. If you could have a pet snowman for a day, what would you do?
50. What would you do if I stole your Halloween candy?
51. What is the silliest new holiday you can think of? How would you celebrate it?
52. Which holiday would you celebrate every day if you could?
53. You have $10,000 to spend on a Halloween costume. What would you be?
54. If candy were not an option, what should kids get while trick or treating?
55. Would you rather eat a giant candy cane or a giant chocolate pumpkin?
Fun questions about magic & superheroes
56. Would you rather ride a dragon or a unicorn to school every day?
57. If an alien landed on Earth, what is the weirdest thing they would see?
58. What would your magician name be and what trick would you be known for?
59. Which Disney character would you want to be your best friend?
60. Would you rather have a band of minions or fairies to do whatever you ask them to?
Everyday fun is easy!
As we head into the second half of the school year, it’s the perfect time to infuse a little extra laughter, smiles, and lighthearted fun into the day-to-day routine.
For more conversation starters, activities, and other ways to have everyday fun, check out these open-ended questions to get kids and teens talking and attention- boosting games.