Minecraft Game Design
- At this time, Minecraft-based courses cannot be run on Chromebooks, iPads, or Xbox consoles.
- A mouse is strongly recommended for this course.
To download and install Minecraft:
- Click the following link to download the Java version of Minecraft (based on your operating system):
- Click the blue “Download” button.
- Once the download is complete, click the file to run the Minecraft Installer.
- Walk through the installation process and choose where you want the software to be installed (the default location is fine).
- Once installation is complete, the Minecraft launcher will automatically open.
- The Minecraft launcher will ask you to log in to a Minecraft account. If you do not have a Minecraft account, you can purchase one through the Minecraft launcher.
- If you are having trouble purchasing Minecraft through the launcher, please use another 3rd party vendor such as Amazon or Best Buy, but make sure you download the Java version of Minecraft (not Xbox/Windows).
- Once you are successfully logged in, the launcher will download the most recent version of Minecraft.
- When the download is complete, press Play to ensure the game launches successfully.
On the first day of class, the instructor will spend time helping students activate and become familiar with the software.