Please note: At this time, Adobe-based courses cannot be run on Chromebooks or iPads. If you are using a Windows computer, you must have Windows 10 or higher installed.
When your Wacom One tablet arrives, unbox the product and follow the steps in the package. Otherwise, follow these instructions to setup your hardware, if you prefer:
1. Plug the Wacom One tablet wall plug into an outlet, then plug both the HDMI and USB ends into the computer.
2. Go to http://wacom.com/start/wacomone and download the driver under step 2 (specific to your Operating System).
3. When the Wacom Desktop Center finishes the process, click Restart your computer now and wait for it to restart.
4. On the Wacom One tablet, press the power button on the top to turn it on.
5. In the Wacom Desktop Center, go through the step-by-step instructions.
6. Create an account on the Wacom site (or log in using your gmail or social media account).
To download and install Adobe Creative Cloud, please follow these steps:
1. Click Register Device in the Wacom Desktop Center to begin the process of downloading your software.
2. In Wacom Desktop Center, click Redeem your software to open a web browser.
3. Navigate to the Offers page, then click View Offers under the Wacom One hardware.
4. Click Redeem under Adobe Creative Cloud.
- You can also redeem your other software at any time on this page.
5. Select your Operating System, and click Redeem.
6. Click Download and wait for the Creative Cloud Desktop App to download (or download it here!). Make sure to copy the license key that appears at the bottom of the page (this key is also sent to your email address).
7. Open the Creative Cloud Desktop App and create a free account using your email address and information.
8. If prompted, select responses for all of the fields and click Continue.
9. Wait for the software to fully install on your computer.
10. Click Buy (or Install) for Photoshop (or Animate and Media Encoder), and input the license key.
11. Click Open once the software is downloaded and installed to launch the software.
- If your Adobe license expires during your session term, please see this link to purchase Photoshop, or this link to purchase Animate, prior to when class begins.
On the first day of class, the instructor will spend time helping students activate and become familiar with the software.