Animation with Adobe Animate
Please note: At this time, Adobe-based courses cannot be run on Chromebooks or iPads. If you are using a Windows computer, you must have Windows 10 or higher installed.
If you purchased the Wacom One add-on for this topic, please follow the instructions here instead to install Animate:
If you’re signing up for a free trial, ensure the 7 days from your initial account creation will last through the end of your scheduled camp date. After the trial period ends it costs $19.99/month to continue for students. Please see Adobe's Website for more information on how to sign-up with your school, or to find other packages and prices.
To download and install Adobe Animate and Adobe Media Encoder, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Adobe page here.
2. Click Free Trial to download the Creative Cloud Desktop App (or download it here!).
- You may be prompted to enter your credit card information. If so, the first 7 days are free. After that, the Adobe software is $19.99/month. You can cancel before the 7 days are up to avoid activating the monthly charge, if you don’t wish to continue using the software.
3. Open the Creative Cloud Desktop App and create a free account using your email address and information.
- Note: You’ll need to select a software plan in order to continue. Remember to cancel the plan before the trial ends if you don’t want to pay for the software after the free 7 days.
4. If prompted, select responses for all of the fields and click Continue.
5. Wait for the software to fully install on your computer.
6. Click Try (or Buy if you plan to purchase it) for Animate and Media Encoder.
7. Click Open once the software is downloaded and installed to launch the software.
On the first day of class, the instructor will spend time helping students activate and become familiar with the software.