RPG Maker MZ
Please note: At this time, RPG Maker courses cannot be run on Chromebooks or iPads.
You'll need to purchase RPG Maker MZ and your license must be active throughout the duration of the full course. RPG Maker MZ is a one-time purchase and can be bought through the Degica Shop or Steam. Both versions will work for this course, but we recommend purchasing through the Degica Shop to receive both copies, if you're on Windows.
1. Navigate to the Degica Shop and click Buy it now.
2. Once it’s in your cart, click Checkout and create an account using your email and a password.
3. Fill out the billing information and check your email address for the download link.
4. Download the software and follow the steps to install.
5. Open your installed version of RPG Maker MZ.
6. Enter your verification key and this is what you should see once it's all setup:
You may end up using the Inky software as well in this course, if you're doing story writing lessons. You can install this in addition to RPG Maker using these instructions:
1. Open the Inky website here.
2. Scroll down on the page and click Download.
3. On the GitHub page, scroll down to the Assets section and click the installation for your specific Operating System (e.g. Inky_windows_64.zip for Windows).
4. Unzip the file in the desired location (no installation necessary).
On the first day of class, the instructor will spend time helping students activate and become familiar with the software.