Reports to Director
An Instructor is responsible for creating the ultimate iD experience! This includes fostering a FUN and SAFE environment while helping students learn new technology and think creatively. In addition to creating an engaging learning environment, an Instructor is in charge of continuously supervising students, leading games and activities, and maintaining a safe atmosphere while on duty.
CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING
- Attend in person and online Regional Staff Trainings
- Attend weekend onsite orientation session
- Complete ALL paperwork and training requirements
- Learn software and curriculum for multiple courses prior to onsite orientation
- May be required to be fingerprinted (based on location)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Assist with location set-up, tear down and product inventory/assessment - ability to lift 50 lbs
- Assist with check-in each session (may include leading icebreakers, directing parents, processing paperwork, etc.)
- Plan and participate in indoor and outdoor activities for students
- Additional duties as needed and assigned by your Director
- Prepare lesson plans, and teach a class with an average of 8 students
- Ensure all students are meeting set curriculum goals
- Apply behavior management techniques to enforce rules and safety regulations
- Socialize with families during points of contact
- Escort students to and from dining halls - traveling up to 1 mile
Health, Safety, & First-Aid:
- Supervise all students and maintain a safe environment
- Respond to and document critical incidents - have good hearing & eyesight, mobility, be able to operate emergency exits
- Perform CPR and FIRST AID
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate would have expertise in two or more areas of technology pertinent to the program. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate flexibility, energy, positivity, leadership abilities, and strong communication skills. A background working with kids, teens and camp experience is highly recommended. The ideal candidate would have completed 2+ years of college and previous iD experience. Must hold Pediatric & Adult CPR/First Aid/AED certifications in order to be eligible to work in this position. Applicants under 18 will not be considered.
The pay for this position varies by work location:
- California: $16.50-$17.50/hr
- Colorado: $17.50/hr
- New York: $16/hr
- Seattle: $19/hr for day staff, $1,200/week for overnight staff
- Other Washington locations: $16/hr
- Other locations: To be discussed in interview process
This position is eligible for 401(k) once eligibility requirements are met and other benefits as required by state or local law.
Ready to apply for this position? Click here.
while we work on ‘24!