iD Tech General
Terms & Conditions
Publish Date: October 25, 2019
- Code of Conduct
- Health and Safety
- Special Accommodations
- At Camp Activities
- Sign Out
- Age Policy
- Course Cancellation
- Release of Liability
- Arbitration Agreement
- Payment Policy
- Changes, Cancellations and Refunds
- Promotional Specials
- Multi-Course Discount
- Refer-a-Friend Program
Location Specific Terms
- Stanford University
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Vanderbilt University
- University of Michigan
- California State University, San Marcos
- Harvard University
- The University of Texas at Dallas
- Davidson College
- California Institute of Technology
- Loyola University
- Westlake Academy
- San Jose State University
- Northwestern University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Spring Break Camp
- Contacting Camp Instructors
- iD Tech Online Programs
- College Prep Advising Sessions
- Rights Reserved
- State Notices
These Terms and Conditions apply to programs operated by internalDrive, Inc. (referred to as "iD Tech") including but not limited to iD Tech Camps, Alexa Café, iD Tech Academies, AcademyNext, and iD Tech Online. These terms apply to all courses, options, and programs offered by iD Tech.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and/or registering my student for an iD Tech program, I assert that I have read all Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
I. Code of Conduct
I agree that I have read through, understand, and agree that I and my student will be held to the Code of Conduct set forth below. I also agree that I have reviewed the Code of Conduct with my student(s). I understand that I and my student must act in a way that is in keeping with the Code of Conduct and that my student can be dismissed from a program if either of our actions or attitudes seem to be harmful to the atmosphere, to my student, other participants, or staff, in the opinion of iD Tech staff. I and my student understand that iD Tech reserves the right to dismiss my student from the program without any prior warning for violating any of the terms of the code of conduct. Refunds will not be given for students dismissed for failure of the student or the parent to abide by the code of conduct. I also acknowledge that upon staff observation of my student at the iD Tech program, the Director may determine that the program is not a suitable and/or productive environment for my student. In this case, iD Tech may dismiss the student and no refund will be issued. This includes incidents where a student does not have sufficient English language skills to participate in the course, as all iD Tech courses are taught in English and therefore participation in courses requires a high level of English understanding. While iD Tech strives to maintain excellent relationships with students, in some rare cases, iD Tech may not be a compatible environment for every student. I also understand and agree that if my student is dismissed from camp, I am fully responsible for any and all costs incurred by me or iD Tech in removing my student from camp (i.e. travel, extra supervision, etc.) and that if iD Tech incurs any charges they may place those charges on My Account.
Students and Parents/Guardians May NEVER:
- engage in or threaten violence;
- bully, intimidate, or harass others;
- damage facilities, dorm rooms or equipment;
- sexually harass others;
- smoke, use tobacco, or vape products at iD Tech locations;
- use, possess or be under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, illegal or un-prescribed legal drug (If a student is caught using, possessing or being under the influence of illegal drugs, student will be immediately dismissed and permanently banned from all iD Tech facilities and may be criminally prosecuted. If a student is suspected of possession of alcohol, marijuana, or any illegal or banned substances or drug paraphernalia, the student may be subject to search and seizure). CBD products may be brought to camp only in states that have legalized its use for medicinal purposes (i.e., epilepsy, anxiety, etc.). Any CBD product brought must be in its original container with a prescription label in English with prescribing physician’s name, taken for, dosage and frequency. CBD products brought to camp without such authorization will not be accepted. If in doubt or have questions, contact Client Services well in advance of camp.
Students Also May NEVER:
- view pornography or any inappropriate material (including sexual content, inappropriate violence, racism, bullying, etc.) on the Internet;
- steal property of others (If a student is suspected of possession of property which is not their own, the student may be subject to search and seizure);
- inappropriately use equipment;
- engage in internet hacking;
- use or possess weapons (If possession of weapons is suspected, student will be subject to search and seizure. If a student is found in possession of a weapon student will be immediately dismissed and permanently banned from all iD Tech facilities;
- bring pets or animals to any iD Tech location; (Service dogs may be permitted.)
- bring drones, hover boards, roller blades or shoes with wheels;
- sign up on third-party websites without the permission of their instructor;
- use false information to sign up on third-party websites;
- share personal information with staff members or ask staff members for their personal information;
- contact staff members on social media or in any other form outside of camp; and
- leave camp without checking out with an instructor or other appropriate camp personnel
- wear see-through clothing or exposed undergarments or accessories or clothing that have statements or pictures that are offensive in nature, including but not limited to, statements or pictures referring to violence, drugs, alcohol, gang affiliation, sexual suggestions or racial slurs.
Students and Parents/Guardians MUST:
- be responsible for all keys issued to them;
- not use personal electronic devices during instructional time - unless they are approved by the instructor (It is recommended that personal devices be locked in a dorm room. Also, if student accesses the Internet via a local Wi-Fi hotspot at the program location (i.e., university campus) it is the sole responsibility of the student and student’s parent/guardian to comply with all providers’ terms and conditions, and assume all financial risk. iD Tech does not facilitate Internet access for non-iD Tech devices.)
- wear clothing that at all times covers the torso and all forms of underclothing.
Students Also MUST:
- abide by the rules and regulations of each location;
- respect facilities and property; (Should intentional damage to facilities or property be found to be inflicted by a student, the student and their parents will be responsible for fines and damages.)
- not hold iD Tech responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal items;
- follow directions/instructions given by staff members and University/location personnel.
II. Health and Safety
- I understand that physical and recreational activities contain inherent risk of injuries.
- I certify that my student is in good health and able to participate in iD Tech programs, and that if for any reason my child should be restricted from participating in any activity, that I have provided iD Tech notification of such restrictions through the health forms associated with my student’s account.
- I authorize staff to attend to any health issues or injuries my student may incur while participating in an iD Tech program. This includes providing basic first aid, dispensing authorized medications, and seeking emergency medical care for my student should they deem it necessary.
- I agree to be financially responsible for any medical treatment needed during the duration of the program. I understand that I am responsible for providing the sole insurance coverage for any medical treatment my student receives, and agree to release any and all records necessary for my child to receive medical treatment.
- I understand that during or after completing the registration process, I will receive a confirmation that includes the information necessary to access My Account and my Required Forms. I understand that I must accurately complete all forms required by iD Tech and any state or location provider where required (including, but not limited to the health form) within the timeframes set forth by iD Tech. I understand that as a condition of enrollment, I as my student’s parent/guardian, will need to log in to My Account to fill out the Required Forms between March 1st and May 15th, of the year in which my student is registered to attend an iD Tech program. If I register my student after May 15th, the Required Forms will need to be filled out within 72 hours of registration. I understand that if I do not accurately complete all forms by May 15th, of the year in which my student will be attending an iD Tech program, that I may be charged a minimum twenty-five dollar ($25) processing fee. If I do not complete the Required Forms at least one week (7 days) prior to the start of my student’s course, my student’s registration in the course may be withdrawn and no refund will be issued.
- If my student needs to bring any medications to camp, I agree to fill out the necessary medication forms more than a week prior to the start date of my student’s program and to bring the medication to camp the first day. I agree to bring all medications in original containers that identify in English the prescribing physician (if a prescribed medication), the name of the medication, the dosage, any side effects, and the dispensing frequency. The information dosage and dispensing frequency on the bottle must match the information provided on the medication form. You agree that all medications, except inhalers and diabetic testing kits will be given to and dispensed by iD Tech staff. If your student will be bringing an epinephrine auto-injector (i.e, Epipen), you will need to bring two non-expired auto-injectors the first day of their program. One will be held by staff. The other will be held by the student. This is best practice having two auto-injectors on hand. If a student of any age is in anaphylactic distress, staff will immediately administer an injection and call 911. Your student will be required to self administer all other injectable medications under the observation of staff. If bringing glucose pens or standard syringes, we require you to bring a Sharps biohazard disposal container as well. At the end of your student’s program, you are responsible for retrieving all medications and containers from staff.
- I understand that staff cannot give my student over-the-counter medication without written permission from me (parent/legal guardian) or their physician. Over-the-counter medication will be dispensed as directed on the medication’s box/container based on the age of the student. If the dosage differs from what is on the box/container, a prescribing doctor’s note must be provided with the medication.
- I agree that if my student’s medication is left at camp after my student’s camp session has ended, that iD Tech has the right to dispose of any medication left and shall not be responsible for any damages or liabilities related in any way to such medication, including, but not limited to, replacement cost of the medication and any damages resulting from participant’s failure to dispense such medication. It is against Federal Law to mail by any means, medication from one party to another party.
- I understand that iD Tech suggests that students be current on all vaccinations according to the age-appropriate recommended immunization schedules published by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and that some locations require students to provide up to date vaccination information or acceptable waiver. I further understand that if up to date vaccination information is required at the location where my student is registered, and I do not provide up to date vaccination information that my student’s registration may be canceled without a refund. I agree to obtain or provide proof that my student has already had any and all vaccinations required by the location in which my student is attending. I may provide a signed religious or medical vaccination exemption in lieu of obtaining the required vaccinations.
- I must provide two different emergency contacts in the completed online Health & Safety Form found in My Account/Forms section prior to the start of camp. I understand that the emergency contacts should be at least 18+ years of age. For each contact, it is highly recommended that you provide two different phone numbers..
- I understand that some states and countries require that additional health and safety forms be completed and submitted prior to my student attending camp, in their jurisdiction. I am responsible for making sure that if my student’s participation requires such forms that the forms are completed in their entirety, including obtaining a physician’s signature, where required.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT FOR MY STUDENT’S SAFETY, I MUST PROVIDE ID TECH WITH ACCURATE AND COMPLETE HEALTH, BEHAVIOR AND DIETARY ISSUES/RESTRICTIONS. I MUST ALSO COMPLETE ALL FORMS LOCATED IN MY ACCOUNT. FAILURE TO PROVIDE REQUIRED INFORMATION CAN RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF MY STUDENT’S REGISTRATION WITHOUT A REFUND.
III. Special Accommodations
If your student requires any special accommodations in order to participate in iD Tech activities, you must call iD Tech at 1-888-709-8324, no less than three weeks prior to your student’s first day of camp. iD Tech will work with you to identify available reasonable accommodations. If your student requires an aide at school then he/she will need to be accompanied by an aide at the iD Tech program, and that aide will need to be present for the duration of the session. The aide must be age 18 or older, may not be a family member, and must achieve a favorable result on a criminal background check. They may also be subject to fingerprinting. You will be responsible for all direct costs, including background check processing fees and compensation for the aide’s attendance.
IV. At Camp Activities
- Field Trips: I give staff members permission to take my student to places of relevant interest, the swimming pool (where available), guided campus tours, and facilities within walking distance of camp, both on and off campus. Public and/or private transportation will be utilized.
- Photos: As a condition of participation, I authorize that photos, videos, images, audio and testimonials may be taken of me and my student and agree that said content may be used by iD Tech in promotional materials, marketing collateral, and online media. These images, testimonials, photos, videos, and audio may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations who work with iD Tech. I understand that iD Tech, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees will not be held liable for damages and injuries associated with said publishing, including any and all claims based on negligence. I agree that all images, testimonials, photos, video, and audio taken at or in connection with iD Tech are the sole and exclusive property of iD Tech.
- Press Visits: As a condition of participation, I authorize iD Tech and the press to use my student's full name and likeness in print, radio, TV and other mediums. (Often when press arrives at camp, iD Tech may not have the opportunity to contact all families for permission before the press arrives. Therefore, we have created a blanket policy. We thank you for understanding.)
- Projects/Take-homes: I understand that depending on the course my student takes, iD Tech will attempt to send my student home with a working game or project, or post my student’s project to a project website, and may send home a product or voucher for a product. However, I understand that there will be instances when a project or product or product voucher cannot be sent home, posted or delivered, and that iD Tech is not responsible if the game, project, product or voucher does not work properly, or are not compatible with systems outside of camp. Therefore, I release iD Tech from any responsibility for failure to provide a copy of the project or product voucher, or a non-functioning/non-compatible/non-complete games, projects, product vouchers or product. iD Tech staff will attempt to provide each participant with their completed project at the conclusion of each session and provide products or product vouchers (if applicable) at the end or any other time during the session. Refunds will not be issued for not receiving products, product vouchers, or being provided a copy of the project, and/or non-functioning/non-compatible/non-complete projects, product vouchers or products. I also agree that all projects and work created while at iD Tech may be used by iD Tech in promotional materials, online, and other print media and may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations who work with iD Tech. I agree that iD Tech, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees cannot be held liable for damages and injuries associated with said publishing, including any and all claims based on negligence. I understand that if I have issues with a product voucher or product, I must contact the manufacturer directly. I also understand that product vouchers only cover shipping within the continental US and that if I require the product to be shipped outside I am responsible for all shipping and handling costs.
- Movies: I understand that movies played at or attended by any of the programs run by iD Tech are rated PG and PG-13 and selected at the sole discretion of iD Tech.
- Software Accounts: I understand that some iD programs require creation or use of an online account during instructional time, or will require an online account to be created for access to games and networked gameplay. I give consent for iD Tech to create account(s) as needed for my student to participate in program activities. I understand that during non-instructional time, my student may have access to websites that require accounts to be set up. While it is against iD Tech rules for students to set up accounts without their instructor’s permission, there may be instances where a student may create an account without the knowledge of iD Tech or its employees. I hereby release iD Tech and its employees from any and all responsibility and liability for accounts created by my student without iD Tech’s knowledge.
- Game Ratings: I understand that while iD Tech takes its corporate responsibility and iD Tech family values very seriously, it cannot guarantee that younger students at iD Tech will avoid complete contact with the games rated "T" for Teen, or "M" for Mature. iD Tech will make a concerted effort to minimize exposure to any games not rated for my student’s age group. I also understand that if my student is attending a course designed for ages older than my student, some of the game titles my student may be exposed to may be rated for over my student’s age, and that if my student is attending a course for ages 13+, they may be exposed to games rated "M" for Mature by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board). In exchange for my student’s participation in iD Tech programs, I voluntarily assume any and all risks, known or unknown, associated with my student’s access to "M" rated game content at an iD Tech program.
- Inappropriate Web Content: I understand that iD Tech makes every reasonable effort to prevent participants from being exposed to inappropriate web content. As a safeguard, iD Tech will attempt to either install Internet filtering software on iD Tech computers, or use an outside filtering vendor. I agree that no method is 100% perfect, and that my student may inadvertently access some inappropriate content even though iD Tech takes reasonable precautions to guard against inappropriate material being viewed. I understand that if inappropriate content is viewed, iD Tech staff will follow standard protocol and agree that if my student is found in violation of the Code of Conduct set out above, my student may be removed from a program without receiving a refund.
V. Sign Out
- Self Sign-Out Policy for students 13 years of age or older: I agree that if my student is 13 years or older by December 31st of the year in which they are registered for a course, then he/she can sign himself/herself out with staff after 5 PM Monday through Thursday and after 3, on Friday, unless attending an overnight program. Once my student signs themselves out, they will no longer be in the care of iD Tech. Students signed up for an Overnight program may only sign themselves out at 3 PM on Fridays. If my student needs to be checked out at times other than the standard pickup time, then I must contact the Camp Director to make arrangements.
- Sign-Out Policy for students under 13 years of age: I agree that if my student does not turn 13 by December 31st of the year in which they are registered for a course, he/she must be signed out of their iD Tech program by an authorized pickup person. I understand and agree that only those knowing the code word—or those named as additional authorized pick-up persons (and who show a valid picture ID, Driver License, or Passport)—will be able to pick up my student. I understand that if I grant my child permission in My Account to be cleared for "self sign-out", that once my student signs himself/herself out, he/she will no longer be in the care of iD Tech, and that they are subject to the same rules as set out in paragraph 1 of this Section V. If I choose to allow my student who is not yet 13 years old to self sign-out, I understand that the terms of paragraph 1 of this Section V will apply regardless of my student's age.
VI. Age Policy
I understand that iD Tech offers programs designed for students ages 7-18 and 16-19, and that students who are age 18 or 19 may interact with students under the age of 18 throughout the duration of each program session, within the following span of ages; ages 7-18 at iD Tech Camps, ages 13-18 at Academies, and ages 16-19 at AcademyNEXT. I understand that by registering for an iD Tech program that accepts 18-year-old and 19-year-old students my student may interact and/or room with a student that is 18 years old. I also agree that if my student is 18 or 19 years old that he/she must successfully pass a criminal and sexual offender background check, prior to being allowed to attend an iD Tech program. I agree to be responsible for all costs and fees associated with any background checks required for my student to attend.
VII. Course Cancellation
I agree that iD Tech has the right to cancel a course. If a course is cancelled, I understand that I may enroll my student in another course. I agree to be responsible for any costs for the new program that are above the amount paid for the original course. If another course is not available in the local vicinity for the same dates, a refund will be issued for all monies paid to iD Tech for the cancelled course. I understand and agree that if iD Tech is forced to close a course based on a recommendation by the local Health Services Department (in the case of a communicable disease outbreak, etc.) or due to other acts of nature, I will not be entitled to a refund.
VIII. Release of Liability
ON BEHALF OF MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD, I, THE PARENT/GUARDIAN, IN EXCHANGE FOR THE RIGHT OF MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD TO PARTICIPATE IN ID TECH PROGRAM(S), HEREBY RELEASE INTERNALDRIVE, INC., ITS OWNERS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, FACILITY PROVIDERS AND EMPLOYEES FROM LIABILITY (INCLUDING CLAIMS BASED UPON NEGLIGENCE) FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES OR INJURIES TO MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD OR DAMAGE OF ANY PERSONAL PROPERTY. I AGREE TO BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES OR INJURIES WHICH MAY RESULT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY NEGLIGENT ACTS OR ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH INTERNALDRIVE, INC. HOWEVER, I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT RELEASING INTERNALDRIVE, INC., ITS OWNERS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, FACILITY PROVIDERS, AND EMPLOYEES FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE, RECKLESS CONDUCT OR INTENTIONALLY TORTIOUS CONDUCT. TO THE EXTENT THIS RELEASE CONFLICTS WITH STATE/PROVINCIAL LAW GOVERNING RELEASES, THIS RELEASE IS TO BE GIVEN THE FULLEST FORCE AND EFFECT PERMITTED UNDER STATE/PROVINCIAL LAW. SHOULD ANY PART OF THIS CONTRACT BE FOUND INVALID OR NOT ENFORCEABLE BY A COURT OF LAW, THEN THE REMAINING PORTION SHALL CONTINUE TO BE VALID AND IN FORCE.
I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold internalDrive Inc. /iD Tech, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with my student’s participation in an iD Tech program.
X. Arbitration Agreement
I agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, my student's participation at INTERNALDRIVE, INC., or otherwise arising between the parties, including, without limitation, any students statutorily created or protected rights, as permitted by applicable state/provincial or federal laws, may be settled by arbitration in the state/province and county in which the camp is held, in accordance with the Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The prevailing party in the arbitration shall be entitled to recover expenses including costs and reasonable attorney's fees associated therewith. Should any part of this contract be found invalid or not enforceable by a court of law, then the remaining portion shall continue to be valid and in force. I hereby acknowledge that I understand the terms of this ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, and agree to comply with all of its terms and provisions.
XI. Payment Policy
- US Dollars: I agree that all financial transactions are made and quoted in U.S. Dollars.
- Non-Refundable Fees: To cover the administrative costs associated with registering my student, I agree that for each iD Tech program/course (other than iD Tech Academy and AcademyNEXT courses) that my student is registered in, $250 per student, per course of the total payment amount is non-refundable and non-transferable. If my student is enrolled in an AcademyNEXT, $1000 per student of the total payment will be non-refundable and non-transferable. If my student is enrolled in an iD Tech Academy course, $500 per student, per course of the total payment will be non-refundable and non-transferable. I also agree that iD Tech may impose a $40 per student per session Safety and Compliance Fee that is also due at the time of registration and is non-refundable.
- Late Fees: If I do not pay the total cost of my student’s program(s) at the time of registration, or through a payment plan, I understand and agree that I must pay the total amount due on or before May 2nd of the year of the program registered. If the total balance is not received by May 2nd, I understand and agree that I will pay a $25 late fee; If any balance remains on my account as of May 22nd, of the year of the program registered, I agree to pay an additional $25 late fee (for a total of $50). If my full balance is not paid within 2 weeks (14 days) of my student’s course start date, I agree that my student’s registration will be cancelled without a refund. I also understand and agree that if any balance remains outstanding 30 days after the last day of the last session my child attends camp in any given year, iD Tech has the right to charge a 1% monthly finance charge on such balance and send such balance to a collection agency for collection (collection fees may apply).
- Credit Card Authorization: If I make my initial payment by credit card and My Account has a balance remaining on May 2nd,of the year of the program my student is registered, to avoid incursion of late fees, I authorize iD Tech to charge the remaining balance due to the credit card on record.
- Payment Plan: By selecting to participate in iD Tech’s automatic payment plan, you agree to allow iD Tech to withdraw, each month, the amounts as designated by iD Tech, from the credit card on file. iD Tech does not charge anything to participate in this program, nor do they charge any fees should a payment not be honored on the date designated for withdraw. If a payment is returned, iD Tech will attempt to run the payment through two additional times, the first one week after the initial due date and the second, a week after the first retry. If the payment does not go through during any of the three attempts, you will be notified and will be removed from the automatic payment program, at which time all remaining balances will become due and subject to late fees as set forth above.
- Returned Check/Dishonored Transaction Fees: A $25 returned check fee will be assessed for any checks returned or card transactions that are not honored.
- Tuition: Tuition includes all state/province and federal taxes (except for VAT, which will be added to the course cost, fees and add-ons if applicable), adult supervision, instruction, curriculum materials, camp T-shirt, and recreational activities. Overnight Program Tuition includes daily meals (Sunday dinner - Friday lunch), double-occupancy dorm room (subject to availability), 24-hour adult supervision, and recreation.
XII. Changes, Cancellations and Refunds
- 24 Hour Cancelation: I understand that I have the right to cancel a reservation within 24 hours of the reservation being made. If the cancelation is made within 24 hours of the reservation, I will receive a full refund of all amounts paid for that reservation, including deposit amounts.
- Changes Made More Than 14 days Prior to Session Start Date: I understand and agree that I am, without penalty, able to make changes to my student’s registration including but not limited to location, date, overnight, weekends or course, so long as the changes are made more than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the originally scheduled course my student was registered for. I understand that I will be responsible for any increased charges.
- Changes Made 14 days or Less Prior to Session Start Date: I understand and agree that if I change my student’s registration within or less than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the course for which my student is registered, I will be responsible to pay a change fee of $250 per iD Tech and Alexa Cafe course, $500 per Academy course, and $1000 for AcademyNEXT, as well as any increase in charges based on the change. I must make my changes through My Account or an email to info@iDTech.com (please note your “Change” in the subject line). NOTE: If a medical emergency occurs less than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start of the course in which your student is registered, preventing your student from attending the course, please call 1-888-709-8324 and we will work with you to try to get your student registered in another course.
- Cancellation: I understand and agree that I must make my changes and cancellation through My Account or an email to info@iDTech.com (please note “Cancellation” in the subject line). If I cancel my student’s registration more than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the course for which my student is registered, I will receive a refund as set out in Paragraph 4 below. If my student cannot attend a session for which they are registered and I do not notify iD Tech more than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the course session date, it will be considered a withdrawal/no show and I will be responsible for full payment of all fees associated with my student’s registration for that course.
- Refunds: If I cancel my student’s registration through My Account or email as set forth above, more than 2 weeks prior to the start date the session I am cancelling, I understand and agree that the amount I paid for the cancelled registration, less the nonrefundable fees as set out in Section XI.2., will be refunded to me. I agree that refunds will NOT be issued for withdrawals/no shows or cancellations made less than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the start date of the session cancelled or changed, and improperly made cancellations. I also understand and agree that refunds will NOT be issued for early withdrawal or dismissal due to absences (for any reason) including sickness, behavioral dismissals, power failures, weather, and unforeseeable events not within the control of iD Tech or other acts of nature. If students leave a program early for any reason, the tuition is not prorated and no refund will be issued, including partial refunds. Refunds will NOT be given at the iD Tech Academies in the event that a studio tour is cancelled. If iD Tech must cancel a session and cannot find a suitable alternative at an adjacent location, a full refund will be made to the client.
XIII. Promotional Specials
I understand that if I use a promotional discount when registering my student, that I am limited to one discount per student, and that the balance may need to be paid in full at the time of registration to receive the published discount amount. I also agree that all applicable cancellation/refund policies apply, and that all promotional codes must be submitted at the time of registration. I understand that iD Tech will not honor retroactive adjustments and that the total discounts received cannot exceed the total cost of the products purchased.
XIV. Multi-Course Discount
If I register and pay for more than one student or register one student for multiple iD Tech programs/courses for the same season, I understand that I will be responsible for paying the standard tuition for the first program/course, but will receive a discount of $50 for each additional program/course tuition paid. I understand that the lowest discount amount will be applied if I qualify for multiple discounts.
XV. Refer-a-Friend Program
If I choose to participate in the Refer-a-Friend program, I do so voluntarily and understand and agree to the following:
- My referral code expires on June 1st of the current camp season and can only be used 10 times.
- For each new student that registers for any iD Tech program/course using my referral code and attends the course for which they registered, I will receive a $50 iD Tech course tuition credit which I must use that same season. My friend will also save $50 off their course tuition. The referred student must be a new student and cannot have previously attended any iD Tech programs.
- Referral codes must be used at the time of registration and payment and cannot be retroactively applied.
- Referral codes can only be used once per student. I understand that iD Tech will credit the referral based off of the referral code that the new client enters at the time of registration.
- The Refer-a-Friend program does not apply to siblings (since they are eligible for the Multi-Course Discount).
- Students may not refer each other to both qualify for the Refer-a-Friend Discount.
- The tuition credit will be applied within 4-6 weeks from the time the referred client registers and pays in full, or sooner. If the referred friend cancels his/her session, the credit will be removed from My Account and I will be responsible for any account balance that is created as a result of the lost credit.
- All tuition credits must be used in the season in which they are earned, can be used for course tuition including meals, CEUs, and other course fees, and will not entitle me to any form of payment. If I cancel or change the registration of a course in which I used a Refer-a-Friend course tuition credit, I am subject to the terms and conditions set out in Section XII above, and will only receive a refund of amounts paid directly by me. I will not receive a refund of tuition credit amounts.
XVI. Camp Certificates/Vouchers
All certificates/vouchers are non-refundable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Certificates/vouchers must be redeemed at the time of registration. Location and date is based on availability at the time of registration. Certificates/vouchers are valid until the specified expiration date, without exception. They are valid for up to the amount issued, and any amounts not used are forfeited.
XVII. Location Specific Terms
- Stanford University
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Vanderbilt University
- University of Michigan
- California State University, San Marcos
- Harvard University
- The University of Texas at Dallas
- Davidson College
- California Institute of Technology
- Loyola University
- Westlake Academy
- San Jose State University
- Northwestern University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
XVIII. Spring Break Camp
To reserve space for Spring Break Camp, all tuition and fees for each participant are due in full at the time of registration. Partial payments are not accepted.
I understand that after registering, I will receive a confirmation that includes information necessary for me to access My Account and my Required Forms. I understand that I must accurately complete all forms required by iD Tech and any state or location provider where required (including, but not limited to the health form) within the timeframes set forth by iD Tech. I understand that as a condition of enrollment, I, as my student’s parent/guardian, will need to log in to My Account to fill out the Required Forms before April 1st of the year in which my student is attending Spring Break Camp. If I register my student after April 1st, the Required Forms will need to be filled out within 72 hours of registration. I understand that if I do not accurately complete all forms by April 1st, of the year in which my student will be attending an iD Tech program, that I may be charged a minimum twenty-five dollar ($25) processing fee. If I do not complete the Required Forms at least one week (7 days) prior to the start of my student’s course, my student’s registration in the course will be withdrawn and no refund will be issued.
I understand that I may change registration to another iD Tech program until 72 hours before the Spring Break Camp session start date, without penalty. If a change is made, the tuition paid for Spring Break Camp will be applied to the new program (excluding Tech Rocket) occurring in the same calendar year. I agree to be responsible for any additional tuition fees incurred due to the change.
I understand that refunds will NOT be issued for early withdrawal or dismissal due to absences (for any reason including sickness), behavioral dismissals, power failures, weather, and unforeseeable events not within the control of iD Tech, or other acts of nature. If my student leaves Spring Break Camp early for ANY reason, the tuition will NOT be prorated and no refund will be issued or transferred.
XIX. Contact with camp Instructors/Staff
Under no circumstances should a student give their personal contact information to staff, nor is staff allowed to give students their personal contact information. Staff may exchange personal contact information only with parents/guardians, if they choose to do so after receiving a request from the parent/guardian. All contact outside iD Tech programs between students and staff must be arranged by the student’s parent/guardian through communication directly with the staff. Should parents/guardians choose to engage with staff, or choose to let their student contact staff outside of iD Tech programs, they do so at their own risk.
XX. iD Tech Online
XXI. Rights Reserved
internalDrive, Inc. reserves the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. iD Tech is not a university-sponsored event. Activities, guest speakers, and tech tours will change session to session and may not apply to all locations. We reserve the right to cancel a course if participation numbers are not adequate. In the case where a suitable iD Tech replacement week is not found, a full refund will be issued. On rare occasions, the software and hardware we use at our programs may change without notice, and we will strive to find suitable software and hardware alternatives.
XXII. State Notices
Massachusetts Required Legal Statement:
"This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local Board of Health. Parents may request copies of background checks, health care and discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances." (105 CMR 430.190(C), (D)).
Maryland Required Legal Affirmation:
I agree to and understand the walking trip permissions found HERE.
New York Required Legal Statements:
Pertaining to residential programs: "This camp must comply with regulations of the New York State Department of Health (State Sanitary Code Subpart 7-2) and be licensed by the local Board of Health and inspected twice yearly. The inspection reports are filed at the local Department of Health offices in each county."
Pertaining to day programs: "This camp is not regulated by the New York State Department of Health and is not required to obtain a Department of Health permit. This camp is not required to follow Department of Health regulations, including, checking the state sex offender registry prior to hiring staff; maintaining minimum staff-to-child ratios; hiring medication personnel; or reporting injuries or illnesses to the Department of Health."
Please note that iD Tech conducts New York sex offender registry checks in addition to national sexual offender checks on all adult staff working in New York at both residential and day programs.
iD Tech follows all American Camping Association standards nationwide.
XXV. Copyright Notices
I understand that iD Tech partners with and uses the intellectual property of some amazing companies. I agree to uphold the copyright and trademark rights of iD Tech and their partners.