iD Tech General
Terms & Conditions
Publish Date: September 23, 2021
These Terms and Conditions apply to all pages found at www.idtech.com and all Programs operated by internalDrive, Inc. (referred to as "iD Tech") including but not limited to iD Tech In-Person programs and iD Tech Online Programs. These terms apply to all lessons, classes, courses, and options offered by iD Tech (hereinafter referred to individually as “Program” or collectively “Programs”).
Online Programs: If you are purchasing, or you or your student is participating in an Online Program you also agree on your own behalf and on behalf of your student, to be bound by the additional terms and conditions found HERE.
On-Campus Programs: If you are purchasing, or you or your student is participating in, an On-Campus Program, you also agree on your own behalf and on behalf of your student to be bound by the additional terms and conditions found HERE.
I. Code of Conduct
To promote the best learning environment possible, all students and parents will be held to this Code of Conduct. Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct or engaging in actions or attitudes that seem to be harmful to the atmosphere, other participants, or staff, in the opinion of iD Tech can lead to removal from a Program or Program(s). iD Tech reserves the right to dismiss students from a Program and prevent a student from attending additional programs without any prior warning for (1) violating any of the terms of this code of conduct, or (2) if iD Tech determines that a Program is not a suitable and/or productive environment for a student (this includes incidents in which a student does not have sufficient English language skills to participate in the Program; participation in courses requires a high level of English understanding). Refunds will not be given for students dismissed for failure of the student or the parent to abide by the Code of Conduct, or if it is determined that a Program is not suitable for a student. While iD Tech strives to maintain excellent relationships with students, in some rare cases, we may determine that iD Tech is not a compatible environment for every student.
Students and parents/guardians may NEVER:
- Disrupt, bully, intimidate, or harass others
- Use inappropriate language (for example, students cannot use curse words, racial, gendered, homophobic/transphobic, stereotypical, or culturally insensitive words, even if done in a joking manner)
- View, display, or post any inappropriate material (including sexual content, material depicting inappropriate violence, racism, bullying, etc.) during a Program
- Share Program information (including lesson plans, curriculum program, etc.) with third-parties, without permission from iD Tech
- Impersonate another person
- Contact instructors outside of the Program
Students also may NEVER:
- Engage in internet hacking
- Create an account on or log into third-party websites without the permission of their instructor
- Use false information to create an account on or log into third-party websites
- Share personal information with staff members or ask staff members for their personal information
- Share or create video or audio recordings of iD Tech staff or other students without the permission of iD Tech.
Students and parents/guardians MUST:
- Follow directions/instructions of iD Tech personnel
- If online, ensure the student attends the Program in an appropriate, private setting
- Dress appropriately during the Program
- Only share material that is related to lessons and appropriate
II. Age Policy
iD Tech offers Programs for students ages 7-19. Therefore, students may interact and/or room with a student that is within this age range including 18 or 19 years old. Please note the age range of the Program being registered for.
If a student is 18 or 19 years old and participating in an in-person Program, they must successfully pass a criminal and sexual offender background check prior to being allowed to attend. Clients are responsible for all costs and fees associated with any background checks required for a student to attend.
III. Special Accommodations
If a student requires a special accommodation to participate in an iD Tech Program, a parent/guardian must call iD Tech at 1-888-709-8324, no less than three weeks prior to the student’s first day of the Program to arrange reasonable accommodations.
If a student requires an aide to participate in an iD Tech Program, the aide must be age 18 or older, may not be a family member, and if it is an in-person Program, the aide must achieve a favorable result on a criminal background check. Aides may also be subject to fingerprinting. Clients are responsible for all direct costs, including background check processing fees, parking, and compensation for the aide’s attendance.
IV. Payment Policy
- Unless otherwise noted, all financial transactions are made and quoted in U.S. Dollars.
- All fees paid for online Programs, as well as the $250 per week deposit for On-Campus programs and any Payment Plan Fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- There are no refunds, credits, or replacement days for classes not attended.
- If iD Tech cancels an entire program for any reason, the fees paid for the program, less the non-refundable fees will be refunded. Non-refundable fees (other than any Payment Plan Fees) will remain in your account as a fully transferable credit that does not expire.
- iD Tech has the right to charge a $25 late fee on any payments not paid by the due date. For balances that are over 30 (thirty) days past due, iD Tech has the right to charge a 1% monthly finance charge and send the balance to a collection agency (collection agency fees may apply).
- All fees (registration, administrative, late, etc.) must be paid prior to the start of a Program, unless a payment plan has been agreed to. Students will be withdrawn from a Program if a payment is not made by a due date, or the Program has not been paid in full prior to the start of the Program, unless a payment program with payments after the program date has been established. No refunds, credits, or make-up classes will be provided if a session is missed due to a delinquent payment.
- A $25 returned check fee will be assessed for any checks returned or card transactions that are not honored.
- Please see terms and conditions for each specific program (linked above) for terms specific to that program.
V. Universal Payment Plan and Subscriptions
- By agreeing to a payment plan or Subscription, you are authorizing iD Tech to auto charge the credit card on file as agreed at the time of purchase and as set out on the My Account billing page.
- A 3% non-refundable Payment Plan fee will be applied to all amounts placed on a Payment Plan.
- Payment Plan and Subscription payments are due in the amounts and on the dates established and set forth during the registration process and on the My Account billing page.
- Upon successful payment of a Subscription, you will be provided a new set of lessons equal to the initial subscription amount purchased. Subscriptions may be canceled online in your account at any time before midnight PT the day prior to the renewal date, or by calling our customer service department before 3pm PT the business day prior to your renewal date. Cancellations not made by these times will be considered cancellations of the next subscription renewal cycle. Once a subscription renews, you can schedule your new lessons immediately, and refunds cannot be provided. Subscriptions cannot be prorated, and unused courses purchased as part of a subscription are not refundable.
- iD Tech has the right to charge a $25 late fee on any payments not made in full by the due date. For balances that are over 30 (thirty) days past due, iD Tech has the right to charge a 1% monthly finance charge and send the balance to a collection agency (collection agency fees may apply).
VI. Reservation Changes
We may limit your ability to make changes (such as registering for a different course or changing attendance dates) and/or cancel a Program. Please reference the Terms and Conditions for a specific Program (linked above) for the rules and restrictions for changes and cancellations for that Program.
VII. Promotions and Discounts
Promotional discounts are limited to one discount per student unless otherwise specified unless otherwise noted. There may be other limitations as to how they apply, and codes must be submitted at the time of registration. iD Tech will not honor retroactive adjustments, and the total discounts received cannot exceed the total cost of the products purchased.
The Refer-a-Friend Program is a voluntary Program that applies to Small-Group Classes and In-Person Programs.
- Each code can be used a maximum of 10 times. The code can only be used by students attending iD Tech for the first time and must be applied at the time of registration.
- A tuition credit will be given for each new student that registers for an On-Campus Program or Small-Group Class using a referral code and attends the course for which they registered.
- The Refer-a-Friend Program does not apply to siblings.
- Students may not refer each other to both qualify for the Refer-a-Friend Discount.
- Tuition credit will be applied within 4-6 weeks from the time the referred client registers and pays in full. If the referred friend cancels his/her Program, the credit will be removed, and you will be responsible for any account balance that is created as a result of the lost credit.
- All tuition credits must be used in the year in which they are earned, can be used to offset Program tuition and other fees incurred, but do not entitle you to any form of payment.
- Tuition credits have no cash value.
All certificates/vouchers are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash. Certificates/vouchers must be redeemed at the time of registration. Certificates/vouchers are valid until the specified expiration date, without exception. They are valid for up to the amount issued, and any amounts not used are forfeited.
IX. General Releases
Media Release: As a condition of participation, you authorize iD Tech and its partners to take photos, videos, images, audio, and testimonials of you and your student and agree that said content may be used by iD Tech in promotional materials, marketing collateral, and online media. These images, testimonials, photos, videos, and audio may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations that work with iD Tech. You also agree that all projects and work created by your student during an iD Tech Program may be used by iD Tech in promotional materials, online, and other print media, and may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations that work with iD Tech. You understand that iD Tech, its owners, agents, partners, facility providers, and employees will not be held liable for damages and injuries associated with use of any content released herein, including any and all claims based on negligence. You agree that all images, testimonials, photos, video, and audio taken at or in connection with an iD Tech Program are the sole and exclusive property of iD Tech, and that iD Tech has a royalty-free, perpetual license to use copies of all student work and projects created at an iD Tech Program.
Name and Likeness Release: As a condition of participation, you authorize iD Tech and the press to use your student's full name and likeness in print, radio, TV, and other mediums.
Project/Hardware Release: Some iD Tech Programs are project-based. In such instances, iD Tech will attempt to provide your student with the knowledge to produce a working project. Some iD Tech Programs include take home hardware. In those instances, iD Tech will send home a product or voucher for a product. However, there will be instances when a project or product or product voucher cannot be sent home, posted or delivered, and you agree that iD Tech is not responsible if the game, project, product or voucher does not work properly and/or is not compatible with outside systems. You release iD Tech from any responsibility for failure to provide a copy of the project or product voucher, or a non-functioning/non-compatible/non-complete game, project, product voucher or product. Refunds will not be issued for not receiving products, product vouchers, or being provided a copy of the project, and/or non-functioning/non-compatible/non-complete projects, product vouchers or products. If you have issues with a product voucher or product, you must contact the manufacturer directly. Product vouchers only cover shipping within the continental U.S. Therefore, if you require the product to be shipped outside the continental US, you are responsible for all shipping and handling costs.
Software Accounts: Some iD Tech Program activities require creation and/or use of an online account or require an online account to be created for your student. You consent to create or have iD Tech to create accounts as needed for your student to participate in Program activities. During non-instructional time, students may have access to websites that require accounts to be set up. While it is against iD Tech rules for students to set up accounts without their instructor’s permission, there may be instances where a student may create an account without the knowledge of iD Tech or its employees. In such instances, you release iD Tech and its employees from any and all responsibility and liability for accounts created by your student without iD Tech’s knowledge.
Game Ratings: iD Tech takes its corporate responsibility and family values very seriously. However, we cannot guarantee that younger students at iD Tech will avoid all contact with or mention of games rated "T" for Teen, or "M" for Mature. iD Tech will make a concerted effort to minimize both direct and indirect exposure to any games not rated for a student’s age group. Students attending courses designed for older ages have a greater chance of being exposed to materials rated for that older age group. If a student is attending a course for ages 13+, they may be exposed to games rated "M" for Mature by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board). You voluntarily assume any and all risks, known or unknown, associated with your student’s exposure to game content at an iD Tech Program.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold internalDrive Inc. /iD Tech, its officers, directors, employees, and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your student’s participation in an iD Tech Program.
XI. Arbitration Agreement
You agree that any dispute other than collection matters, arising out of or relating to this Agreement, you or your student's participation in a Program with INTERNALDRIVE, INC., or otherwise arising between the parties, including, without limitation, any statutorily created or protected rights, as permitted by applicable state/provincial or federal laws, shall be settled by arbitration to be held in Santa Clara County, California, in accordance with the Commercial Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The prevailing party in the arbitration shall be entitled to recover expenses including costs and reasonable attorney's fees associated therewith. Should any part of this contract be found invalid or not enforceable by a court of law, then the remaining portion shall continue to be valid and in force. You hereby acknowledge that you understand the terms of this ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, and you agree to comply with all of its terms and provisions.
XII. Rights Reserved
internalDrive, Inc. reserves the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. iD Tech is not a university-sponsored program. iD Tech reserves the right to cancel or modify any and all classes, lessons, Programs, or courses for any reason.
XIII. Release of Liability
ON BEHALF OF MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD, I, THE PARENT/GUARDIAN, IN EXCHANGE FOR THE RIGHT OF MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD TO PARTICIPATE IN ID TECH PROGRAM(S), HEREBY RELEASE INTERNALDRIVE, INC., ITS OWNERS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, FACILITY PROVIDERS AND EMPLOYEES FROM LIABILITY (INCLUDING CLAIMS BASED UPON NEGLIGENCE) FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES OR INJURIES TO MY SON/DAUGHTER/WARD OR DAMAGE OF ANY PERSONAL PROPERTY. I AGREE TO BE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES OR INJURIES WHICH MAY RESULT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY NEGLIGENT ACTS OR ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH INTERNALDRIVE, INC. HOWEVER, I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT RELEASING INTERNALDRIVE, INC., ITS OWNERS, AGENTS, PARTNERS, FACILITY PROVIDERS, AND EMPLOYEES FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE, RECKLESS CONDUCT OR INTENTIONALLY TORTIOUS CONDUCT. TO THE EXTENT THIS RELEASE CONFLICTS WITH STATE/PROVINCIAL LAW GOVERNING RELEASES, THIS RELEASE IS TO BE GIVEN THE FULLEST FORCE AND EFFECT PERMITTED UNDER STATE/PROVINCIAL LAW. SHOULD ANY PART OF THIS CONTRACT BE FOUND INVALID OR NOT ENFORCEABLE BY A COURT OF LAW, THEN THE REMAINING PORTION SHALL CONTINUE TO BE VALID AND IN FORCE.
iD Tech partners with and uses the intellectual property of some amazing companies. You and your student agree to uphold the copyright and trademark rights of iD Tech, its partners, and any company whose products are used during an iD Tech Program.