How to upload a video to YouTube
YouTube is a popular online video sharing website. It’s free to use and supports computers and mobile devices. To begin, you must have a Google Gmail email account or a YouTube account.
Go to YouTube.com. If you don't already have an account, you will be instructed to create one. Once you are logged in to YouTube, you will be able to upload a video. Videos can be uploaded from your web browser.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Click on the video camera (upload) icon near the top right of the page.
- Before you start uploading your video, you can choose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer. You can also create a video slideshow or import a video from Google Photos.
- As your video is uploading, you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video, and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you uncheck this option no communication will be shared with your subscribers).
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
- If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
- Once the upload is completed, you will receive an email stating that your video is done uploading and processing. You can then forward that email to friends or family for easy sharing. If you prefer not to receive notifications, you can opt out by visiting your email settings.
How to set your video to private
Uploaded videos must be set to private to prevent the general public from finding them in web search results.
- Go to your Video Manager.
- Find the video you want to change, then click Edit.
- In the "Privacy Settings" drop-down menu, choose your setting:
- Click Save changes.
Sharing your video
Copy the video URL from the browser toolbar and share that URL by pasting it into an email or document. The private video that you uploaded to YouTube is only visible to those who click the link that you share.
For more information, click here.