ONLINE PRIVATE LESSONS AND JUMPSTART TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Publish Date: 10/26/2018
These Terms and Conditions are intended to keep Students safe and make Online Private Lessons and JumpStart sessions (hereinafter “Online Sessions”) positive and productive. By purchasing Online Sessions you agree that you and your student will abide and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
I. Code of Conduct
I agree that I have read through, understand, and agree that I and my student will be held to the Code of Conduct set forth below. I also agree that I have reviewed the Code of Conduct with my student(s). I understand that I and my student must act in a way that is in keeping with the Code of Conduct and that my student’s Online Sessions can be canceled if either of our actions or attitudes seem to be harmful to the atmosphere, or staff, in the opinion of iD Tech staff. I and my student understand that iD Tech reserves the right to cancel my student’s Online Sessions without any prior warning for violating any of the terms of the code of conduct. Refunds will not be given for Online Sessions canceled for failure of the student or the parent to abide by the code of conduct. I also acknowledge that upon staff observation of my student during Online Sessions, they may determine that the program is not a suitable and/or productive environment for my student. In this case, iD Tech may cancel the all remaining Online Sessions and no refund will be issued. iD Tech strives to maintain excellent relationships with students. However, in some rare cases, iD Tech Online Sessions may not be a compatible environment for every student.
Students and Parents/Guardians May NEVER:
- engage in or threaten violence;
- bully, intimidate, or harass others;
- use this service, or materials provided as part of this service for illegal or immoral activity;
- use inappropriate language;
- share lesson information with third-parties, without permission from instructor;
- impersonate another person;
- publicly display Online Sessions;
- sexually harass others;
- display pornography or any inappropriate material (including sexual content, inappropriate violence, racism, bullying, etc.) during Online Sessions; or
- personally contact instructors outside of Online Sessions, without permission from iD Tech as set forth below;
Students and Parents/Guardians MUST:
- abide by the rules and regulations of the instructor and iD Tech;
- attend Online Sessions in an appropriate, private setting;
- dress appropriately during Online Sessions;
- only share material that is related to Online Sessions, and appropriate.
II. Lesson Information
- I understand that all Online Sessions are either 30 minute, one hour or 90 minute sessions (depending on purchase) that will be provided between 6am and 9pm Pacific Time.
- I can purchase multi-lesson discounts. Multi-lesson purchases are intended to be used in full. Any Online Sessions not used by the expiration date, are forfeit, and cannot be refunded in full or prorated.
- As the parent or guardian of a student participating in Online Sessions, I will receive post lesson progress reports.
- Online Sessions are only available for subjects set out by iD Tech.
- Online Sessions will only be taught in English.
- For Safety and Security reasons, iD Tech will video record every Online Session. Parents can obtain a copy of the recording and/or ask for the recording to be removed by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one student per Online Session is allowed.
- All JumpStart and 30 minute sessions must be scheduled by May 31st of the season in which they are purchased, or they expire with no refund. Credits for one hour sessions must be used within one year of purchase, and expire a year from purchase, with no refund.
- Agree that iD Tech has the right to refuse service.
- This is a guidance/tutoring service only, no specific outcomes are promised or guaranteed. iD is not responsible for any specific outcome, or lack thereof.
III. Scheduling/Rescheduling Online Sessions
- I am responsible for scheduling all Online Sessions via the link sent out via email or by contacting 1-888-709-8324.
- I can reschedule an Online Sessions by emailing email@example.com. All rescheduling must be done with more than 24 hours notice. If sufficient notice is not provided, then the Online Session is treated as a no show and credited against your account.
IV. Contacting Instructor
Students and parents/guardians should also be aware that under no circumstances should students give their personal contact information to staff, nor is staff allowed to give students or parents/guardians their personal contact information without prior permission. Other than during the Online Sessions, Staff is not permitted to communicate privately with, give out personal contact info to, or become social media friends with students. All contact outside iD Tech programs between students and staff must be arranged by the student’s parent/guardian through the Human Resources Department at iD Tech. Should you have any questions regarding this policy, please email HR@iDTech.com.