Learning by Design
Hands-on, practical experience with real-world software & hardware
iD Game Design & Development Academy (Ages 13-18)
Our 2-week pre-college programs immerse teens ages 13-18 in the world of video game design and development. With personalized instruction and never more than 8 students per instructor—guaranteed—this isn’t a classroom. The pressure is off so you can learn to create video games naturally. Courses are led by hand-selected industry professionals. We’re talking indie game designers. Big-time game developers. 3D level designers. You’ll gain valuable STEM skills, work hands-on with cutting-edge software, and gain Industry Insights to see how the pros work. Build your gaming portfolio and prepare for your future dream career in game production.
Beyond exposure to game industry essentials, you can expect late-night gaming tournaments hosted by NVIDIA® (including multiplayer console tournaments during evening activities), with titles including Team Fortress® 2, Portal™ 2, Counter-Strike®, Half-Life® 2, and Left 4 Dead™ 2. Show off your skills in LAN parties after instructional hours. You’ll hang with new friends, explore campus, and get a taste of the collegiate lifestyle. View additional video game summer camps, or jump to all teen programs or kids camps.
Hands-on Learning | Design & Development
- Non-traditional teaching style and environment emphasize experiential, hands-on learning.
- Guaranteed 8:1 Student to Instructor ratio allows for customized instruction and proper pacing for beginner to advanced students.
- University setting emphasizes the importance of higher education, and excites students for college.
- STEMA (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Art) skill development promotes tech-savvy confidence. Curriculum is designed to promote 21st century skills like communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaboration.
- Project-based courses give students something to strive for (and a portfolio to take home).
- Innovative blended learning mixes in-person instruction with the iD Game Plan, our proprietary learning platform developed in-house.
- Exposure to the industry’s best software (from Apple®, Autodesk®, Unreal® Engine, etc.) empowers and prepares students for futures in tech.