iD Tech summer day camps are ideal for students who want to meet new friends, build awesome tech skills, learn from tech-savvy instructors, and explore a university campus. With a little pre-planning, you can get the most out of the experience! We hope you’ll find this collection of information and tips useful as you prepare for your student’s day camp adventure.
Day Camp Information
Our day programs are available at over 150 prestigious campus locations nationwide for students ages 6-17. To check availability in your area, please click here, or learn more about the following programs with day options:
- iD Tech Mini for Kids (Co-ed, ages 6-9)
- iD Tech Camps for Kids (Co-ed, ages 7-12)
- iD Tech Camps for Teens (Co-ed, ages 13-17)
- Alexa Café (All-girls, ages 10-15)
Check-in for day camp is any time between 8-9am daily, with check out from 5-6pm daily. One of our many jobs is to whisk you through the pick-up/drop-off process so you can get on with your day! On Fridays, we hold Family Showcase between 3-4pm (varies by location). Join us and see firsthand what your student has learned and created.
Please note: The hours listed above do not apply to iD Tech Mini. For detailed iD Tech Mini hours, please click here.
Most commuting students opt for our lunch plan. You’ll experience eating in the university dining commons and choose from a wide variety of options. The food on university campuses is (generally) changing for the better. More organic. More sustainable. More selections for alternative diets. Healthier. We’re excited to share the dining hall experience with you!
Vegetarian? Vegan? Gluten-free? Don’t worry—you can notify us of any special dietary needs once you enroll, and we’ll do our best to accommodate your needs. If you have specific questions, please feel free to call us at 1-888-709-8324. You can also contact us here.
Please note: Meals are not available at iD Tech Mini. Students attending a full day session at iD Tech Mini must bring a bag lunch.
Safety & Supervision
All iD Tech summer staff members have undergone multiple background checks and will be on hand to organize and supervise all activities throughout the day.
Benefits of Day Camp
Day camp at iD Tech could very well be the highlight of your student’s year! Kids & teens have the opportunity to:
- Explore a top campus and eat in the campus dining hall
- Experience an exciting new environment and discover or expand upon their passion for tech
- Meet friends and tech-savvy summer staffers who share their interests
- Show off their skills in video gaming tournaments
- Enjoy a common-sense balance of lab time and outdoor summer activities
- Make memories and build vital 21st century life skills—like problem-solving, creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and innovation—that will last long after summer ends
Day Camp Checklist
All Campers Should Bring:
- Reusable water bottle
- Headphones or earbuds
- Comfortable clothing and shoes (preferably tennis shoes)
- A jacket or sweatshirt
- Bathing suit
- Spending money (optional): Good for purchasing vending machine snacks or souvenirs from the campus bookstore! We recommend that students bring no more $20-$40 per week.
Do Not Bring the Following (Prohibited Items):
- Roller-blades, skateboards, or shoes with wheels (Note: these are not permitted unless they are a student’s only mode of transportation to or from camp. In this case, items must be checked upon arrival and check out upon departure.)
- Personal pets or animals
- Lighters, matches, cigarettes, illegal drugs or substances, and weapons
Regarding Electronic Devices:
While you are are not required to bring any electronic devices to camp, we know you might like to bring along your smartphone, laptop, iPad, or gaming console. We recommend keeping these items zipped up in your backpack for safety (and so you can get the most out of camp)!
Day Camp Activities
We know that a common-sense balance of indoor/outdoor time is key to the well-being of our students. Our blended camp approach promotes good health and social interaction, and provides the opportunity for students to enjoy the summer weather and explore campus! Some day camp activities include:
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Gaming tournaments
- Additional gaming time
- Board games
- Campus exploration
Please note: Day camp activities vary by location.