Updated May 14, 2020
Dear iD family and guests,
After over 20 seasons, our family company's mission remains the same: To deliver life-changing tech experiences that embolden students to shape the future.
Right now, our kids need ways to learn, socialize, and unleash pent up creative energy. For the many families who are researching summer activities, solutions can’t come soon enough.
Our small-group Virtual Tech Camps and 1-on-1 Online Private Lessons are available right now through summer, led by our live, iD Certified Instructors. And, as of this moment, we anticipate running many of our on-campus summer programs, recognizing the need to stay flexible and adapt to changing circumstances. We will update this page regularly to keep you informed.
In the meantime, we’ve organized the information below in a Q&A format, doing our best to anticipate what’s on your mind.
- My kids need something to do during school closures, but we need flexibility. Can you help? Jump to answer >
- Money is tight right now. How can our family save on your programs? Jump to answer >
- Should I be confident enrolling today? What if my plans change? Jump to answer >
- My child is currently enrolled in an on-campus summer program. What happens if their session gets postponed? Jump to answer >
- What is your cancellation policy? Jump to answer >
- What will you do to ensure the health of students and staff on campus? Jump to answer >
- We love iD Tech. How can we support the company so our kids can keep coming back? Jump to answer >
1. My kids need something to do during school closures, but we need flexibility. Can you help?
The reality of our kids being home all day right now? And all day in the summer? Oh my! iD Tech will be here for you. You can be confident to register today and make unlimited changes—with no fees—up to 24 hours before the start of your online session, or up to 14 days before your on-campus session.
2. Money is tight right now. How can our family save on your programs?
When times are tough, we band together. That’s the iD way. We know that many of you are also facing layoffs and financial uncertainty at this time. We want our programs to be a beacon of light for you and your children, without breaking the bank or adding to your stress.
Our team is working around the clock to find ways to serve you with affordable options right now through summer:
- Virtual Tech Camps: Your child’s first week is just $399 with code TOGETHER for as long as social distancing is in effect. After that, you’ll automatically save $100 on each additional week, and you’ll receive a $50 account credit for each new friend you refer.
- Online Private Lessons: Your child can now have a sibling or friend attend their sessions for FREE. It’s like saving 50%.
Please check back regularly for new and updated offers.
3. Should I be confident enrolling today? What if my plans change?
Yes. You can register with confidence, especially considering you may need more flexibility this year than normal. Hundreds of families are enrolling each day, and, like you, have the flexibility to make unlimited changes.
Here is our Peace-of-Mind Policy:
- YOU CAN MAKE UNLIMITED CHANGES—with no fees—up to 24 hours before your online session, or up to 14 days before the start of your on-campus session. After these windows, a change fee will be applied of $50 for Virtual Tech Camps and Academies, $250 for iD Tech Camps and Alexa Café, $500 for iD Tech Academies, and $1,000 for AcademyNEXT.
- FAIR CANCELLATION OPTIONS: If you cancel your online session more than 24 hours in advance, or cancel your on-campus session more than 14 days in advance, you can choose to receive a credit voucher for your full amount paid to date (fully transferable to family or friends, never expires). Respectfully, no vouchers will be issued for cancellations made after these windows.
- CAMPUS POSTPONEMENT: If there is a campus postponement, you will be automatically rescheduled for Virtual Tech Camps or Virtual Tech Academies in order to make sure your child’s online seat is secured. Given the lower cost of our virtual programs, you will receive a credit voucher for any remaining balance (fully transferable to family or friends, never expires). If you need different arrangements, you’ll have the option to choose other dates or request a credit voucher for your full amount paid to date.
4. My child is currently enrolled in an on-campus summer program. What happens if their session gets postponed?
As of now, we anticipate running many of our on-campus summer programs. However, we are aware that some locations may need to be postponed. If there is a campus postponement, you will be automatically rescheduled for Virtual Tech Camps or Virtual Tech Academies. Given the lower cost of our virtual programs, you will receive a credit voucher for any remaining balance (fully transferable to family/friends, never expires). If you prefer a different arrangement, you’ll have the option to choose other dates or request a credit voucher for your full amount paid to date.
Should we need to postpone your session of camp, we’ll notify you with as much warning as possible.
5. What’s your cancellation policy?
Please refer to questions 1 and 2 above. Our goal is to be transparent and fair, and to remain the highlight of your student’s summer, on campus or online. We are here to make sure that your kids have something incredible to look forward to.
6. What will you do to ensure the health of students and staff on campus?
In relation to our on-campus summer programs, each year we prepare for the possibility of a communicable disease affecting our programs. With 21 years of experience, we have successfully navigated communicable disease outbreaks such as Measles, Norovirus, SARS, and H1N1.
Good hygiene habits, regularly disinfecting spaces, and frequent and thorough hand washing are easy preventative measures for all illnesses. We employ the camp industry standards of the American Camp Association and the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control. This year, we have incorporated the recommendations from the World Health Organization into our procedures. Further precautions may be put in place as the current health situation and public health recommendations evolve.
Our summer staff follows these protocols to prevent and respond to illness:
- Staff confirms with families during check-in that their student is in good health, has not been exposed to a communicable disease, and has not had flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Staff regularly wipes down and disinfects computer mice, keyboards, doorknobs, and commonly touched areas.
- Staff escorts students to the restrooms before and after lunch, promoting frequent and thorough handwashing techniques: 20 seconds using soap and warm water. Hand sanitizer is also widely available.
- Staff reiterates good coughing/sneezing etiquette (using tissue or covering coughs and sneezes with the fold of the arm).
- If staff or students have a temperature of 100 degrees or greater or other relevant symptoms, they will be kept isolated while waiting to go home.
7. We love iD Tech. How can we support the company so our kids can keep coming back?
Our small, family company is depending on our loyal community—parents and students like you—now more than ever to make it through this COVID-19 crisis. Each time you place your trust in us with the purchase of Virtual Tech Camps, Online Private Lessons, and of course, on-campus summer programs, we gain critical traction.
Similarly, whenever you invite your friends and family along to our programs or spread the word about iD Tech on social media, we get stronger and stronger. We are deeply grateful for your support at this time and we look forward to delivering the highest-quality programs to your child, without compromise, online and on campus.