Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning with NVIDIA
- At this time, University Certification courses cannot be run on Chromebooks or iPads.
- An open USB-A port on your computer is necessary for setting up the Jetson Nano. If you don't have a USB-A port available, please bring either an adapter or USB hub to use during class.
This course requires some additional hardware in order to set up and install your Jetson Nano. For this course, you will need:
- USB Keyboard
- USB Mouse
- Monitor that can connect with HDMI (a TV will work and it will not be needed for all sections)
- Ethernet cable
- SD Card Adapter (ONLY if your computer doesn’t have one built-in)
This course uses Canvas for curriculum delivery, information about the course, software installations, and more!
Canvas is a learning management system that hosts various iD Tech & University-based courses. Students will use this tool to view their curriculum content, assignments, grade book, and instructor messages. Once a student is signed up for one of our Canvas courses, they will be given access to it the weekend before camp starts.
You should have received an email for setting up your account there from Emeritus or Canvas. If you have not received an email from Emeritus or Canvas, we recommend checking your spam folder and marking them as a safe contact.
Required: Canvas account set-up
The email address used at registration will be used to access Canvas. You will receive two emails from Canvas. The first contains instructions on how to create your account. The second contains the link to join the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning course. You will need to finish creating your account before being able to access the course.
Here's how to make sure your Canvas account is setup after you receive the email:
1. Click the link in the email from Emeritus, as pictured below.
2. Use your email address as the login and set your password, then click Register.
3. Check your email for one from Emeritus and click Get Started.
Once you click the link, you should see the Invitation accepted! notification as seen below:
Reminder: All future contact regarding this course will come via Canvas, Emeritus’s education platform that we’ll use to deliver curriculum for this course, where your child will complete all of their daily assignments.
Whenever an announcement is posted or a direct message is sent, you will receive an email like this:
Prior to the start of class, your student can review the welcome content on the course homepage in Canvas. This is where they will find an intro to the course, get to know their instructors, and more!
Google Drive Account
To get started, students should have a Google Account set up. The rest of the set up will be done during class with the instructor.
- Go to Google Drive and click the Go To Drive button.
- Either sign in with an existing account or follow the steps to create a new account.
- Note: You can't use an account associated with a school. Please use a personal email account to do this.
On the first day of class and throughout the course, the instructor will spend time helping students activate and become familiar with the software and hardware.