iD Programming Academy Held at University of Texas at Austin
Programs for Teens held at the University of Texas at Austin
iD Programming Academy Held at the University of Texas at Austin
- Other Programs at this Location
In 1999, our independent family company set out to reinvent “camp” for the 21st century. Today, we’re the number #1 tech camp on the planet, with summer technology programs for kids and teens held at over 100 campuses nationwide. At the University of Texas at Austin in Austin, TX, we offer co-ed, intensive, 2-week, pre-college iD Programming Academy for teens ages 13-18.
Co-ed options at other campuses include iD Tech Camps for ages 7-17 and iD Tech Mini for ages 6-9. We also offer Alexa Café, an all-girls program for ages 10-15. Experience personalized learning with a maximum of 8 students per instructor, and use the best brand name products from industry leaders like Adobe®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Google, and Microsoft®. Innovative courses. Your pace. Your internalDrive.
Summer 2015 Courses & Dates
iD Programming Academy Program Details
Co-ed | 2 Weeks | Intensive, Pre-College | Coding, Apps, Robotics
At iD Programming Academy, we offer 2-week sessions of intensive study in computer science programming. Increase your understanding of app development, and gain a competitive advantage for college and beyond. iD Programming Academy is perfect for students with previous programming experience who are looking to take their coding skill to a new level. At our coding camp for teens, you’ll learn from elite faculty, build your portfolio, tour a major app development studio, meet new friends, and get a taste of the collegiate lifestyle. This summer, pursue your talents and passions, and gain a competitive advantage for college and beyond.
- Choose from coding camps, app development courses, robotics classes, and more, designed to prepare you for college and your dream career. View all courses at this location.
- Learn from elite faculty in small, personalized classes of just 8 students or fewer, guaranteed
- Tour a major application development studio
- Show off your skills in our LAN gaming tournaments (after instructional time)
- Graduate with experience using software repository systems
- Receive an (optional) Official Transcript with Continuing Education Units
- 8:1 Ratio Guarantee: We do it differently—this isn’t school. We guarantee 8 students per instructor for personalized learning. Every time.
- Personalized Instruction: Your path, at your pace. Most of our courses are beginner through advanced. If a course has prerequisites, you’ll be notified during registration. You’ll be immersed in a blended learning environment using our iD Game Plan 2.0 engine, along with one-on-one instruction from our team of educators. Our approach allows you to learn at an appropriate, customized pace.
- Project-Based Curriculum: At iD, you learn by doing—it’s hands-on. You’ll work with industry-standard hardware and software, complete a final project, create an online portfolio, and bring your new tech knowledge into the real world.
- All-Adult Instructors: We don’t cut corners by hiring Counselors-in-Training. Instead, we employ energetic, tech-savvy, all-adult instructors to teach our courses and supervise our kids and teens. We recruit from thousands of candidates, and select from the best. It doesn’t hurt that we’ve been named a Top Workplace 6 years in a row, and that we have the reputation as the #1 Tech Camp on the planet. The top talent works at iD.
- Best of the Best: Many iD instructors are students or graduates of prestigious universities like Stanford, MIT, Princeton, and Yale. Some are industry professionals. Others began as iD students and have returned to give back to the next generation of innovators!
- A Taste of College: We eat right in the university dining halls! (If the dining hall is closed, we will bring in catered meals or eat in the University food court). The food is generally good at most campuses. More and more campuses are paying attention to important details like organic and sustainably-farmed food sources, kosher and vegetarian options, and a variety of overall healthier options.
Safety & Risk Management
- American Camp Association® Accreditation: iD Tech is accredited by the Southern California Region of the ACA—and we spread those best practices to each of our programs across the country. Being ACA accredited means we have met over 300 health and safety requirements.
- Background Checks: We conduct criminal background checks, sexual offender background checks, multiple reference checks and identification checks on all summer staff members.
- CPR & First-Aid: All program locations are staffed with CPR Certified Directors and Instructors.
- Risk Management Training: Our staff members attend in-person risk management training, and our content is updated every year as conditions change.
Tuition cost includes:
- Custom iD t-shirt
- iD Diploma with instructor insights
- 8:1 student to instructor ratio guarantee
- Final project portfolio with pen drive
- Access to online curriculum after camp
- Campus tours (most locations)
- Studio tours (most locations)
- Outdoor activities
- Gaming tournaments
- Software savings (most courses)
- New skills and self-confidence
About the University of Texas at Austin
The University of Texas at Austin is one of the original "Public Ivies," with a history of elite academic performance and research. Their prestigious research programs emphasize computer science, engineering, and physical sciences.
With the decision to host iD Programming Academy at the University of Texas at Austin, we hope to engage teens ages 13-18 in meaningful computer science curriculum that bridges the gap between high school technology classes and university-level CS education. There is both independent and team-based currriculum, giving students a taste for what it is really like to collaborate on large-scale academic projects. The best part? The atmosphere at our Austin, TX camps is FUN! Learn application development in an engaged, immersive atmosphere while enjoying the rich beauty and history of this unique campus. As part of the full university experience, students will eat in the campus dining halls and sleep in real dorms. All meals are included.
Please note: Map and campus details are for general information only. Once you enroll, you will have access to our specific location on campus.
Testimonials from University of Texas, Austin
What Parents Are Saying
"Great overall support from an extremely professional and trustworthy group of counselors." -Kenneth M., Parent, iD Programming Academy held at the University of Texas at Austin
"Our student seems to be inspired to continue learning to program." -John F., Parent, iD Programming Academy held at the University of Texas at Austin
"Once again, the program exceeded our expectations. Coach and Magic were awesome. Not only did my son learn a lot and have a great time, but I knew he was in a safe environment. iD Tech is the best." -Steven G., Parent, iD Programming Academy held at the University of Texas at Austin
"This was the perfect camp for my daughter. She needed an advanced experience that would allow her to grow with other students. iD Tech provided that experience." -Marcus C., Parent, iD Programming Academy held at the University of Texas at Austin
What Students Are Saying
"iD Tech was fun and taught me things that I will remember and use for years to come. I'm glad I went to iD Tech." -Jackson G., Student, iD Programming Academy held at the University of Texas at Austin
"I came not knowing any Java™ and now I know enough to mod Minecraft. It is something I tought I would never be able to do and was always baffled by how to do it and now I can do it!" -Carlos A., Student, iD Programming Academy held at the University of Texas at Austin
"This is my second year at iD Tech, both times doing programming. Overall, both experiences have been great, and they got me started in the world of programming in a really cool way." -Ethan G., Student, iD Programming Academy held at the University of Texas at Austin
"iD Programming Labs 101 was a great experience! I went from being a complete beginner in the field of computer programming to a competent programmer, and while I have a lot to still learn, I now feel confident about my abilities and am ready to move forward to reach new heights and achieve my full potential." -Cristian C., Student, iD Programming Academy held at the University of Texas at Austin
iD in the News
University of Texas, Austin
June 25, 2013
By Christina A. Cassidy ...So-called coding camps for children are becoming more popular amid a growing effort to expand access to computer programming and inspire more youths to seek computer science degrees and careers in technology. Their rise underscores a seeming mismatch in the U.S. economy: people like Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Tumblr founder [...]Read More
May 24, 2012
We have expanded our Texas summer camps to include an iD Tech Camps program at Texas Christian University! Now, in addition to our 2-week iD Gaming Academy teen gaming camps, iD aficionados can attend weeklong programs at the TCU campus. Come learn video game design, programming in C++ and Java™, movie making, game design for [...]Read More
April 12, 2012
This morning, NBC's Kathie Lee and Hoda sat down with Rory Halperin of Time Out New York Kids magazine to talk summer camps. One of their favorites? iD Tech Camps! Check out the clip below for the full segment where they touch on game programming for kids, app development, and more. Visit msnbc.com for breaking [...]Read More