Tennessee Summer Camps
At iD Tech, we offer hands-on, high-energy summer computer programs for kids and teens. Co-ed options include iD Tech Camps for ages 7-17, iD Tech Academies for teens ages 13-18, and iD Tech Mini for ages 6-9. We also offer Alexa Café, an all-girls program for ages 10-15. Programs are held at over 100 prestigious campuses nationwide. Unlock your internalDrive and gain a competitive advantage for college and beyond!
Our TN summer camps immerse students in a STEM learning experience unlike any other. Choose from courses in game design, web design, coding, programming in Java™ and C++, Minecraft modding, filmmaking, robotics, photography, and more. With 8 students maximum per instructor, we customize our curriculum around you. You’ll build real-world skills, make new friends, and discover how your talents and passions can lead to a future career. Depending on location and program, students will eat in the university dining hall and explore campus. Overnight campers sleep right in the college dorms!
In Tennessee, we offer Nashville summer camps held at Vanderbilt University. Do something BIG this summer! Check TN computer camp availability below.
TN Camp Locations
Tennessee STEM Snapshot
Did you know that by 2018 there will be 109,000 unfilled STEM jobs in Tennessee alone, 7,108 of which involve computer science? The demand for Tennessee area coders is growing at 4.8 times the state average, yet less than 666 students graduate with degrees in computer science each year.
More about the STEM education landscape in Tennessee:
- In TN, computer science counts for either math or science credit—yet only 30 schools statewide offer courses in computer science. Click here to learn how to support tech education in Tennessee.
- Tennessee is one of 25 states where computer science counts toward high school graduation.
- TN features numerous colleges and universities with renowned STEM programs, including Vanderbilt University. To encourage higher learning, iD Tech summer programs are held at this campus.
- Tennessee area students looking for a fun, STEM-related excursion can visit the American Museum of Science and Energy, the state’s foremost STEM-centric discovery center, where “science and history come alive.” More info.
- The Tennessee Innovation Network hosts a variety of annual STEM conferences, including TWISTER (Tennessee Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Research), a hands-on science career conference for young women.
- STEMspark, based in eastern Tennessee, connects students of all grade levels with valuable learning opportunities, internships, jobs, conferences, and more. Activities include coding competitions, robotics challenges, science fairs, STEM summer camps, STEAM expositions, and much more.
Success Stories from Tennessee Camp Students
iD Tech alumni from TN have gone on to achieve BIG things in the tech world. It starts here!
Casey's dreams of becoming a professional Game Developer and 3D Modeler are coming true. He says his time at iD Tech Camps greatly influenced his ability to transform gaming and design interests into so much more.