Villanova University Summer Tech Camps
Summer programs for kids & teens
Computer Camps Held at Villanova University
In 1999, our independent family company set out to reinvent “camp” for the 21st century. Today, we’re the number #1 tech camp on the planet, with co-ed summer technology programs for kids and teens held at over 100 prestigious campuses nationwide. At Villanova University, we offer two distinct programs: iD Tech Camps for ages 7-17 and iD Game Design & Development Academy for teens ages 13-18.
At select locations, we also offer iD Programming Academy, Alexa Café, and iD Tech Mini. Experience personalized learning with a maximum of 8 students per instructor, and use the best brand name products from industry leaders like Adobe®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Google, and Microsoft®. Innovative courses. Your pace. Your internalDrive.
Summer 2015 Courses & Dates
iD Tech Camps Program Details
Co-Ed | Weeklong | Programming, Game Design, Apps, Robotics, Web Design, Film, Photography, and More
Our summer computer camps for kids, pre-teens, and teens are segmented by course and age. Teens will study, socialize and eat with other teens, but may be in the vicinity of younger students during lab time. Yes, we’re a tech camp, but we do not sit in front of digital devices all day. We provide a well-balanced, fun summer camp experience that is age-appropriate for kids, pre-teens, and teens. Imagine a small group learning environment where the curriculum is tailored to you. A place where you build critical 21st century STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skills in intimate clusters of just 8 students maximum per instructor, and collaborate with new friends.
You’ll gain confidence, explore a unique college campus, and get a taste of the collegiate experience. This isn’t just camp. It’s a portal to a fulfilling future, in college and beyond. Kids camps and teen camps encompass courses in programming with Java™, C++, Python™, Scratch, and more, app development with iPhone® and Android™, Minecraft, modding, FPS and RPG game design, robotics engineering with VEX® and LEGO®, 3D modeling & animation, filmmaking, photography, and web design. Course offerings vary by site. View courses at this location. Beginner or advanced, you'll get inspired by energetic, tech-savvy instructors. Do something big this summer!
- 8:1 Ratio Guarantee: We do it differently—this isn’t school. We guarantee 8 students per instructor for personalized learning. Every time.
- Personalized Instruction: Your path, at your pace. Most of our courses are beginner through advanced. If a course has prerequisites, you’ll be notified during registration. You’ll be immersed in a blended learning environment using our iD Game Plan 2.0 engine, along with one-on-one instruction from our team of educators. Our approach allows you to learn at an appropriate, customized pace.
- Project-Based Curriculum: At iD, you learn by doing—it’s hands-on. You’ll work with industry-standard hardware and software, complete a final project, create an online portfolio, and bring your new tech knowledge into the real world.
- All-Adult Instructors: We don’t cut corners by hiring Counselors-in-Training. Instead, we employ energetic, tech-savvy, all-adult instructors to teach our courses and supervise our kids and teens. We recruit from thousands of candidates, and select from the best. It doesn’t hurt that we’ve been named a Top Workplace 5 years in a row, and that we have the reputation as the #1 Tech Camp on the planet. The top talent works at iD.
- Best of the Best: Many iD Tech instructors are students or graduates of prestigious universities like Stanford, MIT, Princeton, and Yale. Some are industry professionals. Others began as iD students and have returned to give back to the next generation of innovators!
- A Taste of College: We eat right in the university dining halls! (If the dining hall is closed, we will bring in catered meals or eat in the university food court). Meal plans are available for Day Campers and Overnight Campers. The food is generally good at most campuses. More and more campuses are paying attention to important details like organic and sustainably-farmed food sources, kosher and vegetarian options, and a variety of overall healthier options.
Safety & Risk Management
- American Camp Association® Accreditation: iD Tech Camps is accredited by the Southern California Region of the ACA—and we spread those best practices to each of our programs across the country. Being ACA accredited means we have met over 300 health and safety requirements.
- Background Checks: We conduct criminal background checks, sexual offender background checks, multiple reference checks and identification checks on all camp staff members.
- CPR & First-Aid: All program locations are staffed with CPR Certified Directors and Instructors.
- Risk Management Training: Our staff members attend in-person risk management training, and our content is updated every year as conditions change.
The following are included in tuition cost:
- Custom iD t-shirt
- iD Diploma with instructor insights
- 8:1 student to instructor ratio guarantee
- Final project portfolio with pen drive
- Access to online curriculum after camp
- Campus tours (most locations)
- Outdoor activities
- Gaming tournaments
- Software savings (most courses)
- New skills and self-confidence
- Tech Rocket (year-round subscription)
- Accredited Continuing Education Units (ages 13+)
- Ultimate Gaming Weekends (available at select locations, ages 10+)
Click here to learn about our Tuition Assistance Program.
About Villanova University
This is our 14th season hosting Villanova, PA summer camps held at Villanova University. We strike the right balance between off-computer activities (creative games, sports, life skills, etc.) and essential cutting-edge technology education to foster STEM skill development (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). Our popular Villanova University summer day camps and overnight camps are located in Villanova, PA.
iD Tech Camps has chosen to host our summer academic camps at 'Nova because it is one of the country's top engineering educational programs. Recently, it was ranked the #1 "Best College" in the North by U.S. News and World Report.
Located just outside one of America's great cities, Philadelphia, Villanova's 254-acre campus is tranquil, serene, and beautiful. Villanova University is a comprehensive Roman Catholic institution that welcomes students of all faiths and offers a wide variety of degree programs through four colleges.
Philadelphia International Airport is located 25 minutes from the Villanova campus, making it an excellent option for our multiple Northeast summer computer camps. The campus is also directly accessible by train. Come check out our Pennsylvania summer camps!
Please note: Map and campus details are for general information only. Once you enroll, you will have access to our specific location on campus.
Villanova University Facts
Schools at Villanova University: Villanova University offers undergraduate, graduate and professional programs through different divisions: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, College of Engineering, Villanova School of Business, College of Nursing, and the School of Law.
Student Population: Villanova University remains a highly competitive institution, with a current overall undergraduate acceptance rate of 39%. Over 50% of incoming freshman graduated in the top 10% of their high school class, with almost 100% graduating in the top quarter of their high school class. In terms of where Villanova's students reside, about 21% of the students are Pennsylvania residents, with the remaining 79% of students hailing from other states.
Rankings: Villanova University has always been highly regarded as a premier academic institution. In fact, U.S. News and World Report has ranked Villanova #1 for more than a decade in the Best Universities-Masters category in the northern region. Also, the Villanova University School of Law was ranked as a Top Law School by the 2009 edition of U.S. News & World Report's "Best Graduate Schools." Aside from academics, PC Magazine and The Princeton Review rated Villanova as #1 in its listing of top "wired colleges," making it the perfect location for our Pennsylvania summer camps.
Athletics: The Villanova Wildcats have recently enjoyed great success with their men's basketball teams. Other varsity men's programs include baseball, cross country, golf, football, soccer, lacrosse, swimming and diving, tennis, and track and field. Villanova fields women's teams in the following sports: basketball, cross country running, lacrosse, field hockey, soccer, softball, rowing, swimming and diving, tennis, track and field, volleyball, and water polo. Most of Villanova's sports teams participate in the NCAA's Division I and are Big East Conference members. Villanova's Football and Men's Lacrosse teams play in the Colonial Athletic Association, while the Women's lacrosse team plays in the Patriot League.
Distinguished Alumni & Personnel: Bradley Cooper, the actor who has most recently appeared in The Hangover and Wedding Crashers, attended Villanova University.
Points of Interest: Philadelphia Zoo in Philadelphia, The Liberty Bell.
Testimonials from Villanova University
What Parents Are Saying
"iD Tech Camps was a wonderful experience for my son. I appreciate the staff's enthusiasm and warm support as my son felt very comfortable at a camp where he was initially afraid 'he would not know anyone.' The meal-service was excellent and the overall organization (pick-up/drop-off/sign-in and out) was excellent. It's nice to know of a non-competitive, high-learning and fun camp in our area. We will be back next year!" -Lauren T., Parent, Villanova University
"iD Tech Camps was awesome. My son was thrilled, and enjoyed the week so much that he wants to come back for four solid weeks next time. He learned a great deal, made an intricate game and worked with helpful and supportive classmates and his instructor. Thanks for an incredible experience." -Karyn P., Parent, Villanova University
"My son was inspired to be creative and loved working on his projects. We really appreciate the effort put into hiring good instructors and making this possible." -Barbara S., Parent, Villanova University
"My son was very excited about the camp. He enjoyed learning Java™. The instructor shared his knowledge of the subject and provided a positive role model. My son, a highly motivated student, wants to learn more and will be back for additional camps this summer and next year. The camp sparked his interest in computer science and I know he will continue to investigate other opportunities to learn in this field. I want to thank the staff for encouraging this quest!" -Gale F., Parent, Villanova University
"Our son was utterly turned on by his first experience with Java™ programming, discovering a new world he will surely plan to explore further. Thanks!" -Michael H., Parent, Villanova University
What Campers Are Saying
"I had an absolutely fantastic time for my second summer at iD Tech Camps. The staff is just awesome... games, software, camp mates, facilities - all great. I'll definitely be back next year." -Sean W., Student, Villanova University
"I enjoyed playing games with everyone else, outdoor and online. I liked the friendly staff and their ability to make every learning moment, easy or not, fun." -David L., Student, Villanova University
"I loved my session at iD Tech Camps! I learned so many new things from my instructor and fellow campers, including Photoshop. The food was great, the staff was friendly, and the games were awesome! I really hope to come back next year." -Samantha T., Student, Villanova University
"My instructor was very personable and helpful in learning and project-making. The software was great and easily accessed from home. Overall, a great experience!" -Jacob G., Student, Villanova University
"Another great week at iD Tech Camps! My instructor was able to handle the group and keep us focused. I learned much more than I thought I would, and that will help me in the future." -Will M., Student, Villanova University
iD in the News
July 24, 2013
By Chris Valdez July 24, 2013 Imaginations come to life during the summer. Focused on their computers, kids at the iD Tech Camp at Vassar College created their own video games, apps for mobile devices and other programs. Across the hall, a camper with a frightening white-painted face groaned like a zombie as he chased [...]Read More
June 25, 2013
By Christina A. Cassidy ...So-called coding camps for children are becoming more popular amid a growing effort to expand access to computer programming and inspire more youths to seek computer science degrees and careers in technology. Their rise underscores a seeming mismatch in the U.S. economy: people like Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Tumblr founder [...]Read More
Camp Minecraft: How educators use the block-building game to inspire kids to code - Article as Appeared on VentureBeat.com
April 17, 2013
By Jeffrey Grubb April 17, 2013 Summer camp used to mean swimming, hiking, and bonfires. These days it could mean mines, exploding creepers, and Java™Script. Educational group iD Tech Camps is using the block-building sandbox Minecraft and other games to teach children about science, technology, education, and math (STEM). The organization holds its camps over [...]Read More
May 10, 2012
Last night, ABC Philadelphia News aired a summer camp piece featuring our Villanova summer camps and iD Gaming Academy! Complete with a brief student interview, the spot details two of our Pennsylvania summer programs for kids and teens. Check out the clip below.Read More
April 12, 2012
This morning, NBC's Kathie Lee and Hoda sat down with Rory Halperin of Time Out New York Kids magazine to talk summer camps. One of their favorites? iD Tech Camps! Check out the clip below for the full segment where they touch on game programming for kids, app development, and more. Visit msnbc.com for breaking [...]Read More
February 1, 2012
Move Over Arts and Crafts by Candice Szymczak Article about our Summer camps in NJ and PA!Read More