iD Game Design & Development Academy Held at Villanova
Summer Courses for Teens Ages 13-18
iD Game Design & Development Academy at Villanova
In 1999, our independent family company set out to reinvent “camp” for the 21st century. Today, we’re the number #1 tech camp on the planet, with summer technology programs for kids and teens held at over 100 prestigious campuses nationwide. At Villanova University in the Philadelphia area, we offer two distinct co-ed programs: iD Game Design & Development Academy for teens ages 13-18 and iD Tech Camps for ages 7-17.
At select locations, we also offer iD Programming Academy, Alexa Café, and iD Tech Mini. Across all programs, you'll experience personalized learning with a maximum of 8 students per instructor, and use the best brand name products from industry leaders like Adobe®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Google, and Microsoft®. Innovative courses. Your pace. Your internalDrive.
Summer 2015 Courses & Dates
iD Game Design & Development Academy Program Details
Co-ed | 2 Weeks | Intensive, Pre-College | Video Game Design and Development, Level Design, 3D Modeling & Animation
At iD Game Design & Development Academy, we offer 2-week, intensive programs covering game development, game programming, level design, and 3D modeling. Courses are for beginner to advanced teens ages 13-18. Work with industry-standard applications like Autodesk® Maya®, Adobe® Photoshop®, Unreal® Engine, and more. At our video game camp for teens, you’ll learn from elite faculty, create your own game development portfolio, tour a major game studio, meet new friends, and get a taste of the collegiate lifestyle. This summer, pursue your talents and passions, and gain a competitive advantage for college and beyond.
- Choose from game design camps, 3D modeling & animation courses, 3D level design classes, and more, designed to prepare you for college and your dream career. View all courses at this location.
- Work with professional software from industry leaders including Microsoft®, Autodesk®, and Unity
- Learn from qualified, adult faculty in small, personalized classes of 8 students maximum, guaranteed
- Tour a major game design studio and gain insight from industry professionals
- Show off your gaming skills in LAN tournaments (after instructional time)
- Graduate with an online portfolio
- Receive an (optional) Official Transcript with Continuing Education Units
- Win GUNNAR Advanced Gaming Eyewear glasses at each session
- 8:1 Ratio Guarantee: We do it differently—this isn’t school. We guarantee 8 students per instructor for personalized learning. Every time.
- Personalized Instruction: Your path, at your pace. Most of our courses are beginner through advanced. If a course has prerequisites, you’ll be notified during registration. You’ll be immersed in a blended learning environment using our iD Game Plan 2.0 engine, along with one-on-one instruction from our team of educators. Our approach allows you to learn at an appropriate, customized pace.
- Project-Based Curriculum: At iD, you learn by doing—it’s hands-on. You’ll work with industry-standard hardware and software, complete a final project, create an online portfolio, and bring your new tech knowledge into the real world.
- All-Adult Instructors: We don’t cut corners by hiring Counselors-in-Training. Instead, we employ energetic, tech-savvy, all-adult instructors to teach our courses and supervise our kids and teens. We recruit from thousands of candidates, and select from the best. It doesn’t hurt that we’ve been named a Top Workplace 5 years in a row, and that we have the reputation as the #1 Tech Camp on the planet. The top talent works at iD.
- Best of the Best: Many iD instructors are students or graduates of prestigious universities like Stanford, MIT, Princeton, and Yale. Some are industry professionals. Others began as iD students and have returned to give back to the next generation of innovators!
- A Taste of College: We eat right in the university dining halls! (If the dining hall is closed, we will bring in catered meals or eat in the university food court). The food is generally good at most campuses. More and more campuses are paying attention to important details like organic and sustainably-farmed food sources, kosher and vegetarian options, and a variety of overall healthier options.
Safety & Risk Management
- American Camp Association® Accreditation: iD Tech is accredited by the Southern California Region of the ACA—and we spread those best practices to each of our programs across the country. Being ACA accredited means we have met over 300 health and safety requirements.
- Background Checks: We conduct criminal background checks, sexual offender background checks, multiple reference checks and identification checks on all summer staff members.
- CPR & First-Aid: All program locations are staffed with CPR Certified Directors and Instructors.
- Risk Management Training: Our staff members attend in-person risk management training, and our content is updated every year as conditions change.
Tuition cost includes:
- Custom iD t-shirt
- iD Diploma with instructor insights
- 8:1 student to instructor ratio guarantee
- Final project portfolio with pen drive
- Access to online curriculum after camp
- Campus tours (most locations)
- Studio tours (most locations)
- Outdoor activities
- Gaming tournaments
- Software savings (most courses)
- New skills and self-confidence
About Villanova University
We have chosen the Villanova University campus to host our intensive summer teen camps in the Philadelphia area because it has one of the country's top engineering educational programs. Consistently ranked the #1 "Best College" in the North by U.S. News and World Report, Villanova is a comprehensive Roman Catholic institution that welcomes students of all faiths and offers a wide variety of degree programs through its four colleges.
The iD Game Design& Development Academy is a one-of-a-kind offering for students seeking to get better at the art and science of game development. The program is intended for high-school-aged students ages 13-18. As part of the full university experience, students will eat in the campus dining halls and sleep in real dorms. All meals are included.
General Location: Philadelphia International Airport is located 25 minutes from our Villanova, PA summer camps, making Villanova an excellent option for our multiple Northeast summer computer camps. The campus is also directly accessible by train. Come check out our Pennsylvania summer camps!
Please note: Map and campus details are for general information only. Once you enroll, you will have access to our specific location on campus.
Testimonials from Villanova University
What Parents Are Saying
"I wish I had known about this sooner. I would have signed my son up when he was 13 and every year after that. It is a great experience for my child and it helped him decide what he wanted to do in his future." James P., Parent, Villanova iD Game Design & Development Academy
"Thanks for the great experience. This definitely helped my son in trying to figure out what he wants to do in the future." Pete D., Parent, Villanova iD Game Design & Development Academy
"Thank you so much. The staff who manage the program are wonderful." -Aimee R., Parent, Villanova iD Game Design & Development Academy
"My son really enjoyed modeling; this was his fourth summer at iD Game Design & Development Academy, taking different classes each time; he is still learning new things." -David S., Parent, Villanova iD Game Design & Development Academy
"Thank you for encouraging my son to continue on the path he wishes to follow for his future career. I also appreciate the discussions he had with the staff in regards to colleges, and how to work towards getting into them." -Rebecca R., Parent, Villanova iD Game Design & Development Academy
What Students Are Saying
"I've been to the academy twice before, and it was great as always." -Andrew K., Student, Villanova iD Game Design & Development Academy
"This camp has been the perfect combination of work and fun. I feel like I now have a really good understanding of Maya. Yet, I had a fun and awesome experience at the same time. I met a lot of great people and the staff was great. I hope to do it again next year!" -Lucas E., Student, Villanova iD Game Design & Development Academy
"I loved the counselors - they were great and taught me a ton. I can't wait to come again." -Jacob N., Student, Villanova iD Game Design & Development Academy
"This was an excellent program! I learned so much in such a short time and made some good friends in the process. There wasn't a day that went by without a laugh and a memory. Epic two weeks." -James P., Student, Villanova iD Game Design & Development Academy
"Great time...the instructors were amazing and the jokes we shared were great. The staff made the whole experience." -Toby L., Student, Villanova iD Game Design & Development Academy