Summer Technology Camps in North Carolina
At iD Tech, we offer hands-on, high-energy summer computer programs for kids and teens. Co-ed options include iD Tech Camps for ages 7-17, iD Tech Academies for teens ages 13-18, and iD Tech Mini for ages 6-9. We also offer Alexa Café, an all-girls program for ages 10-15. Programs are held at over 150 prestigious campuses nationwide. Unlock your internalDrive and gain a competitive advantage for college and beyond!
Our NC summer camps immerse students in a STEM learning experience unlike any other. Choose from courses in game design, web design, coding, programming in Java and C++, Minecraft modding, filmmaking, robotics, photography, and more. With 8 students maximum per instructor, we customize our curriculum around you. You’ll build real-world skills, make new friends, and discover how your talents and passions can lead to a future career. Depending on location and program, students will eat in the university dining hall and explore campus. Overnight campers sleep right in the college dorms!
In North Carolina, we offer Chapel Hill summer camps held at UNC-Chapel Hill, camps in Raleigh held at NC State, and Davidson summer camps held at Davidson College. Do something BIG this summer! Check NC computer camp availability below.
NC Camp Locations
North Carolina STEM Snapshot
Did you know that by 2018 there will be 229,000 unfilled STEM jobs in North Carolina alone, 19,241 of which involve computer science? The demand for NC area programmers is growing at 5.3 times the state average, yet less than 1,768 students graduate with degrees in computer science each year.
More about the STEM education landscape in North Carolina:
- Computer science can be counted for either math or science credit in NC—yet only 71 schools offer computer science courses. Click here to learn how to support tech education in North Carolina.
- North Carolina is one of 25 states where computer science counts toward high school graduation.
- NC features numerous colleges and universities with renowned STEM programs, including NC State and UNC-Chapel Hill. To encourage higher learning, iD Tech summer programs are held at these campuses.
- NC area students looking for a fun, STEM-related excursion can check out the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, the state’s foremost STEM-centric discovery center, offering unique exhibits, field trips, camps, classes, and more. More info.
- The National Girls Collaborative Project organizes a variety of North Carolina events focused on engaging K-12 girls in science, technology, engineering, and math. Some of these events include “Hands On! SciGirls Training” and the “North Carolina Collaborative Forum.” View all NC events hosted by this progressive organization.
- NC is home to the North Carolina Science Festival, which takes place in the spring. The event’s exhibits are suitable for kids and adults alike, and focus on everything from chemistry, to life sciences, to science & society, to technology, to sports and fitness, and much more.