Rider University Summer Tech Camps
Rider summer programs for kids & teens
Computer Camps Held at Rider University
In 1999, our independent family company set out to reinvent “camp” for the 21st century. Today, we’re the number #1 tech camp on the planet, with summer technology programs for kids and teens held at over 100 campuses nationwide. At Rider University in Lawrenceville, NJ, we offer co-ed iD Tech Camps for ages 7-17. Learn code, game design, app development, web design, film, photography, and more. Kick-start your dream job and gain a competitive edge for college!
At select locations, other co-ed options include intensive 2-week, pre-college iD Tech Academies for teens ages 13-18 and iD Tech Mini for ages 6-9. We also offer Alexa Café, an all-girls program for ages 10-15. Experience personalized learning with a maximum of 8 students per instructor, and use the best brand name products from industry leaders like Adobe®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Google, and Microsoft®. Innovative courses. Your pace. Your internalDrive.
Summer 2015 Courses & Dates
iD Tech Camps Program Details
Co-Ed | Weeklong | Programming, Game Design, Apps, Robotics, Web Design, Film, Photography, and More
Our summer computer camps for kids, pre-teens, and teens are segmented by course and age. Teens will study, socialize and eat with other teens, but may be in the vicinity of younger students during lab time. Yes, we’re a tech camp, but we do not sit in front of digital devices all day. We provide a well-balanced, fun summer camp experience that is age-appropriate for kids, pre-teens, and teens. Imagine a small group learning environment where the curriculum is tailored to you. A place where you build critical 21st century STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skills in intimate clusters of just 8 students maximum per instructor, and collaborate with new friends.
You’ll gain confidence, explore a unique college campus, and get a taste of the collegiate experience. This isn’t just camp. It’s a portal to a fulfilling future, in college and beyond. Kids camps and teen camps encompass courses in programming with Java™, C++, Python™, Scratch, and more, app development with iPhone® and Android™, Minecraft, modding, FPS and RPG game design, robotics engineering with VEX® and LEGO®, 3D modeling & animation, filmmaking, photography, and web design. Course offerings vary by site. View courses at this location. Beginner or advanced, you'll get inspired by energetic, tech-savvy instructors. Do something big this summer!
- 8:1 Ratio Guarantee: We do it differently—this isn’t school. We guarantee 8 students per instructor for personalized learning. Every time.
- Personalized Instruction: Your path, at your pace. Most of our courses are beginner through advanced. If a course has prerequisites, you’ll be notified during registration. You’ll be immersed in a blended learning environment using our iD Game Plan 2.0 engine, along with one-on-one instruction from our team of educators. Our approach allows you to learn at an appropriate, customized pace.
- Project-Based Curriculum: At iD, you learn by doing—it’s hands-on. You’ll work with industry-standard hardware and software, complete a final project, create an online portfolio, and bring your new tech knowledge into the real world.
- All-Adult Instructors: We don’t cut corners by hiring Counselors-in-Training. Instead, we employ energetic, tech-savvy, all-adult instructors to teach our courses and supervise our kids and teens. We recruit from thousands of candidates, and select from the best. It doesn’t hurt that we’ve been named a Top Workplace 5 years in a row, and that we have the reputation as the #1 Tech Camp on the planet. The top talent works at iD.
- Best of the Best: Many iD Tech instructors are students or graduates of prestigious universities like Stanford, MIT, Princeton, and Yale. Some are industry professionals. Others began as iD students and have returned to give back to the next generation of innovators!
- A Taste of College: We eat right in the university dining halls! (If the dining hall is closed, we will bring in catered meals or eat in the university food court). Meal plans are available for Day Campers and Overnight Campers. The food is generally good at most campuses. More and more campuses are paying attention to important details like organic and sustainably-farmed food sources, kosher and vegetarian options, and a variety of overall healthier options.
Safety & Risk Management
- American Camp Association® Accreditation: iD Tech Camps is accredited by the Southern California Region of the ACA—and we spread those best practices to each of our programs across the country. Being ACA accredited means we have met over 300 health and safety requirements.
- Background Checks: We conduct criminal background checks, sexual offender background checks, multiple reference checks and identification checks on all camp staff members.
- CPR & First-Aid: All program locations are staffed with CPR Certified Directors and Instructors.
- Risk Management Training: Our staff members attend in-person risk management training, and our content is updated every year as conditions change.
The following are included in tuition cost:
- Custom iD t-shirt
- iD Diploma with instructor insights
- 8:1 student to instructor ratio guarantee
- Final project portfolio with pen drive
- Access to online curriculum after camp
- Campus tours (most locations)
- Outdoor activities
- Gaming tournaments
- Software savings (most courses)
- New skills and self-confidence
- Tech Rocket (year-round subscription)
- Accredited Continuing Education Units (ages 13+)
- Ultimate Gaming Weekends (available at select locations, ages 10+)
Click here to learn about our Tuition Assistance Program.
About Rider University
This is our 10th season hosting summer camps in the Princeton area, and we are excited to return to Rider University this year. Rider University is a private university with roots dating back to 1865. Throughout its rich history, Rider University has maintained a student-centered learning environment with a focus on providing a well-rounded college experience in and out of the classroom. Located on 280 beautiful acres on two campuses in New Jersey—one in Lawrenceville and one in Princeton, Rider is home to NCAA Division 1 men's and women's athletics and a host of other campus organizations from student government to service learning opportunities.
Please note: This Day & Overnight Camp program will be held at Rider University's main campus in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.
The campus is less than 10 minutes from the Hamilton station stop on the New Jersey Transit. Visit the NJ Transit website for schedules and service advisories. Rider University is an excellent option for our multiple Northeast Summer Computer Camps. Come check out our Lawrenceville, New Jersey summer camps!
Please note: Map and campus details are for general information only. Once you enroll, you will have access to our specific location on campus.
Rider University Facts
Academic Programs: 65 undergraduate programs, and 26 graduate programs in business administration, education, liberal arts, sciences, fine and performing arts, counseling, and leadership
Student Body: Over 4,400 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students
Athletics: 20 (10 men's and 10 women's) National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I teams, member of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), active club and intramural sports programs
Testimonials from Rider University
What Parents Are Saying
“I wasn't sure what to expect or if my son would enjoy the experience; but from the first night of his stay to the last he has been very excited and enthused. I very impressed and would definitely consider coming back next summer.” – Uchenna A., Parent, Rider University
“I am very impressed with the program! Everyone was helpful and kind. I felt like my son was very safe and he absolutely LOVED his week at Tech Camp! The staff was clearly well educated, knowing the content and how to teach it in a fun and engaging way. My boys are asking their grandparents for a week of tech camp for Christmas – that is a great endorsement!” – Erin C., Parent, Rider University
“Jacob said he liked the program more than he expected. Staff and kids were nicer than other camps he had been to. He said he learned a lot. Thank you!! his favorite camp!” – Catherine R., Parent, Rider University
What Campers Are Saying
“iD Tech camp is awesome! Snake, the Director is funny, cool and awesome. The other counselors, FIFA, Arctic Sphinx, Pork Roll, and Iron, are also described the same way. At the end of the week, I loved the camp so much, I didn't even want to go home! I "defs" want to come back next year. :):):):):)” – Shiv G., Student, Rider University
“One of the best weeks of my life! I took Minecraft game design camp. I loved everything, the teacher, the subject, the other students. If you want your child to sign up for iD Tech camps, you’re awesome.” – Vincent M., Student, Rider University
“I was initially apprehensive about this camp, but I realized just how much fun programming can be!” – Ameya H., Student, Rider University