iD Programming Academy Held at MIT
Programming, App Development, & Robotics courses for Teens held at MIT
iD Programming Academy Held at MIT
- Other Programs at this Location
In 1999, our independent family company set out to reinvent “camp” for the 21st century. Today, we’re the number #1 tech camp on the planet, with summer technology programs for kids and teens held at over 100 prestigious campuses nationwide. At MIT in Cambridge, MA, we offer two distinct co-ed programs: iD Programming Academy and iD Tech Camps.
At select locations, we also offer iD Game Design & Development Academy, Alexa Café, and iD Tech Mini. Experience personalized learning with a maximum of 8 students per instructor, and use the best brand name products from industry leaders like Adobe®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Google, and Microsoft®. Innovative courses. Your pace. Your internalDrive.
Please note: iD Programming Academy held at MIT is for ages 15-18. All camps are solely owned and operated by iD Tech and are not affiliated with MIT. Additionally, per Massachusetts state law, “This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local Board of Health. Parents may request copies of background check, health care and discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances.” (105 CMR 430.00, 430.190 C, D)
Summer 2015 Courses & Dates
iD Programming Academy Program Details
Co-ed | 2 Weeks | Intensive, Pre-College | Coding, Apps, Robotics
At iD Programming Academy, we offer 2-week sessions of intensive study in computer science programming. Increase your understanding of app development, and gain a competitive advantage for college and beyond. iD Programming Academy is perfect for students with previous programming experience who are looking to take their coding skill to a new level. At our coding camp for teens, you’ll learn from elite faculty, build your portfolio, tour a major app development studio, meet new friends, and get a taste of the collegiate lifestyle. This summer, pursue your talents and passions, and gain a competitive advantage for college and beyond.
- Choose from coding camps, app development courses, robotics classes, and more, designed to prepare you for college and your dream career. View all courses at this location.
- Learn from elite faculty in small, personalized classes of just 8 students or fewer, guaranteed
- Tour a major application development studio
- Show off your skills in our LAN gaming tournaments (after instructional time)
- Graduate with experience using software repository systems
- Receive an (optional) Official Transcript with Continuing Education Units
- 8:1 Ratio Guarantee: We do it differently—this isn’t school. We guarantee 8 students per instructor for personalized learning. Every time.
- Personalized Instruction: Your path, at your pace. Most of our courses are beginner through advanced. If a course has prerequisites, you’ll be notified during registration. You’ll be immersed in a blended learning environment using our iD Game Plan 2.0 engine, along with one-on-one instruction from our team of educators. Our approach allows you to learn at an appropriate, customized pace.
- Project-Based Curriculum: At iD, you learn by doing—it’s hands-on. You’ll work with industry-standard hardware and software, complete a final project, create an online portfolio, and bring your new tech knowledge into the real world.
- All-Adult Instructors: We don’t cut corners by hiring Counselors-in-Training. Instead, we employ energetic, tech-savvy, all-adult instructors to teach our courses and supervise our kids and teens. We recruit from thousands of candidates, and select from the best. It doesn’t hurt that we’ve been named a Top Workplace 5 years in a row, and that we have the reputation as the #1 Tech Camp on the planet. The top talent works at iD.
- Best of the Best: Many iD instructors are students or graduates of prestigious universities like Stanford, MIT, Princeton, and Yale. Some are industry professionals. Others began as iD students and have returned to give back to the next generation of innovators!
- A Taste of College: We eat right in the university dining halls! (If the dining hall is closed, we will bring in catered meals or eat in the University food court). The food is generally good at most campuses. More and more campuses are paying attention to important details like organic and sustainably-farmed food sources, kosher and vegetarian options, and a variety of overall healthier options.
Safety & Risk Management
- American Camp Association® Accreditation: iD Tech is accredited by the Southern California Region of the ACA—and we spread those best practices to each of our programs across the country. Being ACA accredited means we have met over 300 health and safety requirements.
- Background Checks: We conduct criminal background checks, sexual offender background checks, multiple reference checks and identification checks on all summer staff members.
- CPR & First-Aid: All program locations are staffed with CPR Certified Directors and Instructors.
- Risk Management Training: Our staff members attend in-person risk management training, and our content is updated every year as conditions change.
Tuition cost includes:
- Custom iD t-shirt
- iD Diploma with instructor insights
- 8:1 student to instructor ratio guarantee
- Final project portfolio with pen drive
- Access to online curriculum after camp
- Campus tours (most locations)
- Studio tours (most locations)
- Outdoor activities
- Gaming tournaments
- Software savings (most courses)
- New skills and self-confidence
Located in the heart of Cambridge along the Charles River Basin, MIT's campus of modern and historic buildings stretches more than 153 acres. Boston Logan International Airport is located 4.3 Miles northeast of our Cambridge, MA camps. The "T" also serves the MIT community. As part of the full university experience, iD Programming Academy students will eat in university dining halls and sleep in real dorms. All meals are included.
Please note: Map and campus details are for general information only. Once you enroll, you will have access to our specific location on campus.
Testimonials from MIT
What Parents Are Saying
"My son has been to many summer programs, and this is the best. Thank you very much for all your support and kindness." -Yin L., Parent, MIT iD Programming Academy
"This was a great program. It was well organized and I felt very comfortable leaving my son." -Peter S., Parent, MIT iD Programming Academy
"We were very impressed by, and happy with, the iD Programming Academy. Every instructor we met was enthusiastic, responsive and helpful. We would highly recommend this program to others. Thanks!!" -Sarah C., Parent, MIT iD Programming Academy
"It is great to see my son so excited about learning new computer applications. This is our fifth year at iD Programming Academy and we will be back again." -Marie L., Parent, MIT iD Programming Academy
"My son had a terrific time. This was his first time away from home and he really enjoyed the counselors, as well as programming and the extra weekend activities. Overall, it was a great experience that broadened my son's horizons. The facilities at MIT were also excellent." -David K., Parent, MIT iD Programming Academy
What Students Are Saying
"Each staff member was amazing and brought something different to the program! I only wished the program was longer!" -Ebone M., Student, MIT iD Programming Academy
"The program was very fun, yet very relaxed. I like that we were given a lot of freedom to do what we wanted, but still were able to learn programming skills." -Jonathan T., Student, MIT iD Programming Academy
"This is by far the best course I have taken; my instructor was beyond any of my expectations. I would be thrilled to take this course again with the same instructor as I think she accommodates all levels of knowledge, beginner to advance. All in all, I loved the program and can't wait to return next year." -Joshua M., Student, MIT iD Programming Academy
"My instructor was AMAZING! She was very knowledgeable and was always able to answer my questions. I really enjoyed the Android course. The group size was also perfect. I really liked the non-camp atmosphere of the iD Programming Academy. The instructors were always friendly and happy." -Ross L., Student, MIT iD Programming Academy
"Thank you all so much for everything you did for me! The staff was always ready to help with a smile on their faces! Thank you so much for everything!" -Lucca S., Student, MIT iD Programming Academy