Colorado Summer Camps
At iD Tech, we offer hands-on, high-energy summer computer programs for kids and teens. Co-ed options include iD Tech Camps for ages 7-17, iD Tech Academies for teens ages 13-18, and iD Tech Mini for ages 6-9. We also offer Alexa Café, an all-girls program for ages 10-15. Programs are held at over 150 prestigious campuses nationwide. Unlock your internalDrive and gain a competitive advantage for college and beyond!
Our CO summer camps immerse students in a STEM learning experience unlike any other. Choose from courses in game design, web design, coding, programming in Java and C++, Minecraft modding, filmmaking, robotics, photography, and more. With 8 students maximum per instructor, we customize our curriculum around you. You’ll build real-world skills, make new friends, and discover how your talents and passions can lead to a future career. Depending on location and program, students will eat in the university dining hall and explore campus. Overnight campers sleep right in the college dorms!
In Colorado, we offer Denver summer camps held at the University of Denver and Fort Collins summer camps held at Colorado State University-Fort Collins. Do something BIG this summer! Check CO computer camp availability below.
CO Camp Locations
Colorado STEM Snapshot
For students in Colorado, there has never been a better time to learn to code. A projected 232,000 STEM jobs will be available by 2018, 15,549 of which involve computing! These high-tech jobs are growing at 3 times the state average, yet only 69 schools statewide teach computer science. What gives?
More about the STEM education landscape in Colorado:
- In CO, only 914 students graduate with computer science degrees each year.
- To the dismay of Colorado STEM education advocates, CO is one of 25 states where computer science does not count towards high school graduation—it doesn’t fill the math or science requirement. Click here to take action and promote CS education in Colorado.
- To help combat the lack of availability of technology education, the Colorado Department of Education encompasses a specialized STEM initiative. Learn more.
- Colorado is home to numerous universities that boast esteemed STEM programs. Some of these include CSU Fort Collins, University of Colorado Boulder, University of Colorado Denver, and University of Denver (DU). iD Tech programs are held at many of these campuses to introduce students to collegiate life and inspire them to dream BIG for future degrees and careers in STEM.
- Looking for a fun, educational outing in Colorado? Students can check out the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, or “STEMAPALOOZA” presented by the University of Colorado Denver.