Launch your career as a game developer that can do it all as you build your own game prototype with a team of peers. Learn the full development cycle of production as you work together to turn your ideas into a playable game.
You’ll learn to design with Unreal Engine 4, and depending on your passion, you can delve deep into C++ coding and Unreal Blueprints, create awesome characters or environments in Maya to make your game feel like a living, breathing world, or zero in on game design, developing mechanics that keep players hooked.
Learn how to organize tasks and collaborate effectively, making a mini-indie studio with your team. Together, you’ll create something entirely new, based on your combined interests and talents.
Online Course Requirements:
-Ability to work in a team.
-Mac or Windows PC
-Unreal Engine 4
-Autodesk Maya (free for students)
-Visual Studio Community Edition
-WebCam -Stable internet connection with access to Zoom Video Conferencing
- 13 - 18 (Must turn 13 by 12-31-20)
- SKILL LEVEL
- Coding, Creative, Game Dev
- Virtual Tech Academies | Two-week
- See course description
- C++, Unreal Engine 4, Autodesk Maya
In this course, you will:
- Learn game design principles and write a game design document
- Use Unreal Engine 4's Blueprints to build game mechanics
- Learn effective techniques to work with a team
- Build levels and environments using geometry
- Place actors such as lights, weapons, and meshes
- Learn the character design pipeline, from concept to finished character
Your tuition includes:
- iD Certified Instructor
- 20 hours of direct instruction, plus 20 hours of self-paced project development
- iD Small Class Guarantee™ (Max 5 students)
- Official iD course transcript
Request a brochure