1. “Ubersense Coach” App
Coaches for the U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Olympic teams are using this clever iPhone®/iPad® application to monitor and improve the technique of their athletes. The app works in 3 steps:
- Analyze: Record your workout in HD and analyze using slow motion and drawings.
- Compare: Learn from the best by comparing your videos side-by-side with professional athletes.
- Improve: Watch drills from professional coaches and share your videos to get expert feedback.
2. Eye-Tracking Ski Goggles
These special specs reduce peripheral distractions, helping athletes focus on what’s in front of them.
3. Samsung “WOW” App
Samsung’s new WOW (Wireless Olympics Works) app features a clean, brightly colored interface that allows audience members to enjoy the Olympics without all the banter and lengthy commercials.
4. Team USA’s BMW-designed Bobslead
The USA Team’s shiny new BMW-designed sled is 50 lbs. lighter, tougher and more maneuverable than their previous ride. The bobsled athletes were present to test the new carbon fiber model throughout the design process. According to news.discovery.com, “it took hundreds of trials to get things just right.” With a big-name like BMW backing it up, this sled has got to be good.
5. Under Armour’s “Mach 39” Speed Skating Suit
This speed suit was designed with computer modeling, using information gathered from footage of Olympic athletes, and hundreds of hours of wind tunnel testing. View iD Tech 3D Modeling courses. The dimples on the suit function similarly to the dimples on a golf-ball, making it significantly more aerodynamic.