Dear iD Nation,
I want to personally welcome you to the iD Family. To our returning families, I know you’ve been looking forward to our 2010 launch. Yesterday we started taking registrations at 8 AM, and the phones were ringing busily all day. That’s a good sign! We had a banner year in 2009, so we think 2010 will be even better.
An obvious question many families are asking is “What’s New?” I am going to cut and paste some content from our “What’s New” page on our website:
- Digital Catalog – Our summer camp catalog is now available.
- Registration is now live! – Register with our latest promotion and save $100 by 12-15-09. And when you refer-a-friend, you now save $50 and your friend does too!
- New Locations – New prestigious university locations including the campuses of Harvard, Princeton, Adelphi, Bentley, the expansion of our Teen Academies nationally, and our expansion into Canada.
- New Courses at iD Tech Camps – Awesome new courses include iPhone® App Development, Digital Photography & Photoshop®, RPG Game Design & Graphic Arts Hybrid, Game Modding with titles including Warcraft® III, Half-Life® 2 and more. Go to courses and programs.
- Expansion of our Teen Academies – The iD Programming Academy has expanded to MIT. The intensive game development program, the iD Gaming Academy has expanded to Chicago and Seattle. We’ve also launched the new iD Visual Arts Academy. The Teen Academies are for ages 13-18.
- iD 365 – Endless Summer – Upon registration at iD, you now get access to our monthly FREE online workshops, taught year round by live instructors.
- Receive Continuing Education Units from Villanova University or Stanford Continuing Studies. Details.
- The iD Guarantee – We average 6 students per instructor at iD Tech Camps. If we exceed an 8:1 ratio, you get to return for a free week of camp at equal value. It’s that simple! It’s iD quality. And it’s only at iD! Note: Not valid for Teen Academies. Get details.
- New Games – Hot new commercial gaming titles used in our gaming courses, gaming tournaments and Ultimate Gaming Weekends.
- Learn Valuable “Life Skills” – We’re building new life skills content for this year. The curriculum will round out the summer experience. See the benefits of iD. We’ve also got fun new camp activities for students.
- Technology Isn’t Just for Boys – We’ve created more courses and modules that are be appealing to girls including Web Design & Flash® Animation, Graphic Design, Video Editing & Special Effects, Digital Photography & Photoshop and the new teen-only iD Visual Arts Academy.
- Go Green – We continue our iD Greening initiative by promoting carpooling, reducing travel and energy consumption and establishing new outreach partnerships in the communities we serve.
- The Basement. For Students Only! – Find out what the buzz is about. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. Blogs. Student Project Uploads. Camp Photos. iD 365. And more. Head down to the The Basement!
OK, I’m back. As you can see, we’ve been a bit busy preparing for this launch. You might expect that we kick back and take a few months off in the Fall, but nothing could be further from the truth. We’ve got the hardest working crew in the summer camp industry. We’ve had teams working round the clock to pull all the pieces together…working with new locations (including the expansion of our Teen Academies and a push into Canada), developing curriculum, developing back-end applications, signing contracts, overhauling our website, developing content, designing our camp brochure, working with new corporate partners, creating new courses, and so much more.
The launch is a big, big, team effort, and it is a sign of our company’s organization and dedication to providing the very best.
On behalf of all our employees, we want to welcome you to the new camp season. We hope you’ll take a few minutes to look around our website. And, as always, we’re just a phone call away.
CEO, iD Tech Camps