Letter From the CEO
Dear Mom, Dad, and Student,
My name is Pete Ingram-Cauchi. I am the CEO of iD Tech, home of iD Tech Camps, iD Tech Academies, Alexa Café, iD Tech Mini, and Tech Rocket. It all began in 1999. My mother and father were both educators—they knew technology was lacking in schools. My sister (iD Tech Co-Founder and Alexa Café Outreach Director/Founder) and my mother (iD Tech Co-Founder) got this crazy idea to launch a summer technology camp. We got our start in a tiny studio above a garage in the hills overlooking Silicon Valley. I slept in the loft upstairs and answered phones at 2 AM. There was a lot of trial by fire.
I was 26 when we started. My sister was 28. We have lived the dream of many techpreneurs—to take an idea and see it grow and get better and better. Over a decade and a half later, we now have our own kids—and you can bet they attend iD Tech programs. When you have your own kids, it raises your game to a whole new level. We are completely driven by the pursuit of excellence—and we hope the experience you have with our organization says it all.
In the beginning, we worked seven days a week. We earned no salaries. We had no financing. But we believed in the idea of awesome technology education. We drove brochures around from school to school, trying to get the word out about our programs. And then the dot-com bubble burst. We nearly folded. But we didn’t fold. We persevered. Word got out. And word spread more than we ever thought possible. Today, we’re the largest technology camp in the world. More students enroll at iD Tech Camps than any other summer computer camp—this is a fact.
Here are some of the things I am most proud of:
- As the world’s #1 tech camp, our mission is to develop and deliver the highest quality, most inspiring, and inventive technology experiences to the next generation of visionaries—one student at a time. The learning experience should be anything but conventional. And the outcome should speak for itself. Students progress and develop skills quickly—and have fun while doing it. Check out what’s new for this year.
- We guarantee 8 students per instructor. This fosters personalized 1-on-1 instruction. Imagine if your school had just 8 students per teacher. How much would your student learn?
- Our summer courses and online subscription service are built around top-tier products including Adobe, Minecraft, Google, Microsoft, Apple, Autodesk, and more. We’re teaching real-world STEM skills, engaging students and encouraging them to ignite their internalDrive.
- We've completely reimagined the online learning experience with our year-round learning portal dubbed Tech Rocket.
- We’ve continued to finesse iD Game Plan, our gamified learning engine (developed in-house) that powers all on-campus iD Tech summer programs and fosters innovative, blended learning.
- We’ve been voted a Top Workplace 7 years in a row by the Bay Area News Group (publisher of the San Jose Mercury News).
- We’ve been entrusted to host our programs at over 150 top campuses nationwide. Giving students an introduction to the college experience? Priceless.
- Beyond our curriculum, we believe that the experience for parents also needs to be flexible and convenient. We’ve created a flexible change and cancellation policy, and we’ve innovated the check-in and pick-up process to whisk you through. Your time is valuable—we strive to be the summer destination for the modern family.
- Our focus on safety and risk management is job #1. We’ve never lost sight of this.
We thank you for your trust. Time and time again, you believed in us—perhaps even more than we believed in ourselves.
We’d love to hear from you. Phone toll free 1-888-709-8324, option 1 or 1-408-871-2227, option 1, or contact us here. If you’d like to request a brochure, click here. On behalf of my family and the entire team here at iD Tech, welcome!
Pete Ingram-Cauchi, CEO