iD Tech 3D Model Contest | Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A. Contest Theme; Entry Period
Participation in the iD Tech 3D Model Contest (“Contest”) offers Participants enrolled in grades K – 12th the chance to win fabulous prizes that will be awarded for the best 3D Minecraft-inspired model. Entries will be divided into three categories (K – 5th grade, 6 – 8th grade and 9th – 12th grade) and one prizewinner will be selected for each category. Contest begins at 8:00 a.m. PST on Monday, March 7, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Friday, April 15, 2016 (the “Entry Period”).
B. Entry and Eligibility
The Contest is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, enrolled in kindergarten through 12th grade during the Entry Period, who have received permission from their parent or guardian to participate. Employees, directors and officers of iD Tech (“Sponsor”) or Shapeways, or Robert Bosch Tool Corporation (“Co-Sponsors”, collectively with Sponsor referred to as “Sponsors”), Sponsors’ affiliated companies and advertising or promotion agencies and the immediate families of each of the foregoing are not eligible to enter the Contest. The Contest is void outside the United States, in Puerto Rico, other U.S. territories and possessions and/or where prohibited by law. By entering the Contest, participant and their parents, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Contest participants may only submit entries as set out below. Posting an entry to any Social Network, while encouraged, does not constitute entry into the Contest.
Eligible individuals must enter the Contest by following the steps listed below:
- To design your 3D model, use a free tool like Autodesk Tinkercad, Autodesk 123D Design or your favorite 3D modeling software. Save your work as one of the approved file formats (DAE, OBJ, STL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV, WRL).
- Create an account on Shapeways (you will need a parent or guardian’s permission). You can either create a shop right now, or you will be prompted to later in the process.
- Upload your file to your Shapeways account by clicking the “Upload” button in the top right-hand corner. Locate your file and press “Upload.”
- Once your object has loaded, click on the “Sell A Product” button. Assign a category for your object. (Only one submission per person.)
- Under the Details tab in the product description field, describe your 3D model and why others would want to print it. We’re looking for creativity. Your submission must be tagged with the following to be considered for the contest: #iDTech3DContest AND your appropriate group level: #3DElementary, #3DMiddle, or #3DHighSchool.
- Press “Save Changes.” Click on the “Selling” tab and enable the “Display to the public” option. If you haven’t already opened up a shop you will be prompted to do so now so that your model is visible in the marketplace. Press “Save Changes” again.
Each eligible individual may only submit one entry.
Submissions that, in the sole judgment and discretion of the Sponsor, are obscene, offensive, defamatory, vulgar, or inappropriate will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, unclear or indecipherable, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified and not eligible to win a Prize.
C. Originality and Rights
- By entering the Contest and submitting an entry, Participant represents and warrants that (A) Participant owns all rights in Participant’s submission, including the label, model and the written description; (B) the submission is Participant’s original work that has not been previously published or received any previous awards; (C) Participant has obtained permission from each and every person who is featured or depicted in the entry or whose name is used in the entry; (D) Participant created the model submitted as part of the entry or he/she owns all rights to the 3D model; and (E) the submission does not violate or infringe upon the copyright or other intellectual property right of any person. If an entry is submitted in violation of these Official Rules, Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion reserves the right to disqualify Participant from participation in the Contest and any other Sponsor promotions.
- By entering the Contest and submitting an entry, Participants agree that they are authorized to and do grant the Sponsors, their affiliates, and assigns the right to use, reproduce, or incorporate in any manner whatsoever all or any portion of the Participant’s Contest entry without compensation or acknowledgment of any kind whatsoever.
- By entering the Contest and submitting an entry, Participant represents and warrants that they have complied with all Minecraft and Mojang usage guidelines found here and here.
D. Selection of Winners
Each entry will be evaluated and judged by a Sponsor-appointed panel of judges (the “Judging Panel”) based on the idea, design and explanation. The Judging Panel will select 30 semi-finalists, ten from each age group on or about April 28, 2016 from among all eligible entries. The odds of being selected as one of the 30 semi-finalists depends on the number and quality of eligible entries received.
E. Notification & Obligations.
The 30 semi-finalists selected on or around April 23, 2016 agree to be notified using the email address used to set up the Shapeways account associated with the entry submitted. This email notification will include instructions for verifying the Participant’s eligibility. Semi-finalists must respond to the notification within five (5) business days of the date of notification via email or they will be disqualified from further consideration. To remain eligible, sem-finalists (A) must meet all eligibility requirements; (B) may be required to produce proof of identity, address, birthdate, grade and school of registration and (C) may be required to electronically execute and return certain documents including an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited by law, releases authorizing Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, city and state of residence, likeness, and Contest submission. Such documents, if required, must be completed in full and returned to Sponsor within five (5) days of Sponsor’s request.
From the 30 semi-finalists that properly and timely respond to Sponsor’s notification, one prizewinner from each group will be selected on or about April 28, 2016. Prizewinners will be notified by email. Prizewinners’ names, locations and submission information may be released online, in press releases, on Sponsor’s websites and through social media.
The prizes to be awarded to the prizewinner from each age group are as follows:
- A Dremel 3D Idea Builder printer (approx. value up to $1000);
- A free week at iD Tech Camps in 2016 (approx. value up to $1249);
- A $500 Shapeways credit; and
- To have Shapeways print the winners’ 3D model in the material of their choice from a selection of options to be set by Shapeways (approx. value up to $500).
If the prizewinner is enrolled in a private, charter or public school, the school the prizewinner is enrolled in will also be entitled to elect to receive a Dremel 3D Idea Builder printer (approx. $1000 value) and will be subject to the prize requirements set out below. Schools will be contacted to provide an appropriate mailing address or to opt out of receiving the prize.
Prizes will be mailed to the address provided during the notification/response process. In the event that a Prizewinner fails to comply with any of the foregoing requirements, or if (i) the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable; (ii) Prizewinner declines to claim the Prize, or (iii) a potential Prizewinner is determined to be ineligible for any reason, such Prizewinner will be disqualified. Prizewinners will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes or other statutes, rules or regulations associated with receipt of the Prize.
The names of the winners and their winning submissions will be posted on social media, Sponsor’s websites, online and in press releases on or about April 28, 2016.
If an individual wants a list of the prize winners, they can contact info@iDTech.com.
F. Additional Conditions of Participation, Rules and Restrictions.
To the full extent not prohibited by law, by submitting an entry, Participant (A) grants Sponsors, the right to use his/her name, city and state of residence and any and all parts of Participant’s entry, all without notification, permission or compensation, for promotional or advertising use, in any and all types of media, now or hereafter known and releases Sponsors from any claims of any kind whatsoever for the use of Participant’s name or likeness or use of Participant’s 3D model or any other items submitted as part of Participant’s entry.
Sponsors are not responsible for (i) any typographical or other error in any communication relating to the Contest; (ii) lost, illegible, late, misdirected, or incomplete, entries or emails; (iii) interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), websites, telephone, cable or other connections; (iv) any technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, failed, delayed, or misdirected transmissions; (v) hardware, software or network malfunctions; (vi) other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, or electronic; (vi) any damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participation of the Contest or downloading or uploading any materials.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest, without notice or other obligation, in the event that Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest or the integrity or feasibility of the Contest is undermined in any respect, including due to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, labor dispute, tampering or other unlawful act, or if, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (b) determine winners from entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor; and/or (c) disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry or judging or process or operation of the Contest.
By submitting an entry, Participant agrees to indemnify Sponsors from all infringement and/or use claim(s) arising from Sponsors’ usage of Participant’s entry. This indemnification survives termination of this agreement, and shall include any and all amounts paid to third-parties and their attorneys, whether as part of a settlement or award, and all attorney costs and fees incurred defending the claim(s).
G. Releases of Liability
By participating in the Contest, participant releases the Sponsors, and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees from any and all liability arising from participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of any Contest prize.
H. Use of Information; Privacy Rules
Participants shall provide their information and submissions as set out in Section B above. Information submitted by participants in connection with the Contest will be used by Sponsors only (A) in connection with the Contest, or (B) as otherwise stated in these Official Rules.
I. Dispute Resolution
Participant agrees that all disputes and issues regarding the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsors, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts or choice of law principles that would direct the application of the law of another jurisdiction and that (A) all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (B) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (C) participant hereby waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, or to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor in writing if entrant changes his or her e-mail address during the Entry Period.
910 E Hamilton Ave, Suite 300
Campbell, CA 95008