LEARNING | iD Tech Camps (Ages 7-12)
HIGH-ENERGY, HANDS-ON EXPERIMENTATION
Our labs buzz with excitement and innovation. We get noisy at times. We collaborate and learn from new friends. We’re guided by high-energy, tech-savvy instructors, and our imaginations soar. Yes, I’ll make my own video game. Or learn to program my very own iPhone or Android App. Perhaps I’ll code the next big thing in C++ or Java™. Maybe I’ll design a website or produce a film. This is my camp. I learn at my pace. It’s MY internalDrive.
With personalized instruction and never more than 8 students per instructor guaranteed, this is anything but a typical classroom environment. There are no grades here. We take the pressure off so you can get straight to what matters—building a love of learning, bringing your final project to life with unabashed creativity. If the iD Way deems us un-school, well, we wouldn’t have it any other way. (Jump to Teen Programs)
IN THE LABS | THE iD PEDAGOGY
- Non-traditional environment emphasizes experiential, hands-on learning.
- Guaranteed 8:1 Student to Instructor ratio fosters personalized instruction and proper pacing for all skill levels (beginner through advanced).
- University setting instills the importance of higher education, and excites students about collegiate life.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skill development promotes tech confidence. Curriculum is designed to promote 21st century skills like communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaboration.
- Project-based courses give students something to strive for (and a portfolio to take home).
- Innovative blended learning approach mixes in-person instruction with iD Game Plan, our proprietary learning platform, developed in-house. Nobody does it like iD.
- Exposure to the industry’s best software (from Apple®, Google, Adobe®, Microsoft®, Autodesk®, etc.) empowers and prepares students for a real-world future in tech.
OFF-COMPUTER TIME | LIFE SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
- A common sense balance of indoor and outdoor activities promotes good health and social interaction.
- Variety of sports (optional), and board-games, team activities, gaming tournaments, and university tours introduces students to new experiences.
- Unique tech camp environment unites students who often have similar interests, providing a foundation for new, long-term friendships.