LETTER FROM THE CEO
Dear Mom, Dad, and Student,
My name is Pete Ingram-Cauchi. I am the CEO of iD Tech, home of iD Tech Camps, iD Tech Academies, and iD Tech 365. It all began in 1999. My mother and father were both educators—they knew technology was lacking in schools. My sister (President and Co-Founder) and my parents got this crazy idea to launch a summer technology camp. We got our start in a tiny studio above a garage in the hills overlooking Silicon Valley. I slept in the loft upstairs and answered phones at 2 AM. There was a lot of trial by fire.
I was 26 when we started. My sister was 28. We have lived the dream of many techpreneurs—to take an idea and see it grow and get better and better. Over a decade and a half later, we now have our own kids—and you can bet they attend iD Tech Camps. When you have your own kids, it raises your game to a whole new level. We are completely driven by the pursuit of excellence—and we hope the experience you have with our organization says it all.
IN THE BEGINNING
In the beginning, we worked 7 days a week. We earned no salaries. We had no financing. But we believed in the idea of awesome technology education. We drove brochures around from school to school, trying to get the word out about our programs. And then the dot-com bubble burst. We nearly folded. But we didn’t fold. We persevered. Word got out. And word spread more than we had ever thought possible. Today, we’re the largest technology camp in the world. More students enroll at iD Tech Camps than any other summer computer camp—this is a fact.
Here are some of the things I am most proud of:
- As the world’s #1 tech camp, our mission is to constantly innovate. The learning experience should be anything but conventional. And the outcome should speak for itself. Students progress and develop skills quickly—and have fun while doing it. Check out what’s new for this year.
- We guarantee 8 students per instructor. This fosters personalized 1-on-1 instruction. Imagine if your school had just 8 students per teacher. How much would your student learn?
- Our summer courses and online subscription service are built around top-tier products including Adobe®, Minecraft, Microsoft®, Apple®, Autodesk®, Ubisoft®, Valve®, and more. We’re teaching real-world STEM skills, engaging students and encouraging them to ignite their internalDrive.
- We’ve rolled out our year-round online learning portal dubbed iD Tech 365. We now have thousands of users, and the product evolves each season.
- We’ve launched an innovative learning platform code-named iD Game Plan. It is our learning engine that powers iD Tech Camps, iD Game Design & Development Academy, iD Programming Academy, and iD Film Academy. It allows for innovative, blended learning.
- We’ve been voted a Top Workplace 4 years in a row, and this year, we were ranked #1.
- We’re on our way to planting 1,000,000 trees via our own initiative, One Camper One Tree. We’re working with the Arbor Day Foundation to make this happen.
- We’ve been entrusted to host our programs at over 80 of the top universities in the country. Giving students an introduction to the college experience? Priceless.
- Beyond our curriculum, we believe that the experience for parents also needs to be flexible and convenient. We’ve created a flexible change and cancellation policy, and we’ve innovated the check-in and pick-up process to whisk you through. It’s what you’d expect—but our goal is to make it flexible, convenient and fast. Your time is valuable—we want to be the summer destination for the modern parent.
- Our focus on safety and risk management is job #1. We’ve never lost sight of this.
We thank you for your belief and your trust. Time and time again, you believed in us—perhaps even more than we believed in ourselves.
We’d love to hear from you. Phone toll free 1-888-709-TECH (8324), option 1 or 1-408-871-2227, option 1. Or email info@iDTech.com. If you’d like to request a catalog, click here. On behalf of my family and the entire team here at iD, welcome!
Pete Ingram-Cauchi, CEO